Dublin 0-18
Laois 0-08

Reigning EirGrid All-Ireland U20 Player of the Year Ciaran Archer led the scoring again for Dublin as Tom Gray's men cruised to back-to-back Leinster titles.

Archer struck 3-08 in last year's provincial final and returned to haunt the O'Moore County with 0-07 at Netwatch Cullen Park.

Fellow attacker Kieran McKeon impressed too with 0-04 including three late points that set the seal on a comprehensive win.

A burst of scoring midway through the first-half put Dublin ahead and they remained in front from there on to claim a 16th title in total between the U20 and old U21 grades.

Ciaran Archer kicked seven points

It's Dublin's fourth win on the spin this term following comfortable victories over Wicklow, Meath and Longford and they'll return to duty at Croke Park on St Patrick's Day to take on Donegal or Tyrone, who meet in the Ulster final on Saturday.

Laois were hammered 4-18 to 0-17 in last year's final but, crucially, retained seven starters from that game in their line-up including captain Ronan Coffey and senior duo Mark Barry and Sean O'Flynn. Jack Lacey and Jack Owens, who came on as subs in that final, also started this time.

Barry and O'Flynn both featured for Laois in last weekend's Allianz Fooball League loss to Kildare and, initially, it looked as if the underdogs might capitalise on their relative experience.

They led 0-03 to 0-00 after just four minutes with Coffey and goalkeeper Matthew Byron converting those scores from placed balls as they probed forward and drew frees.

Laois duo Matthew Byron and Neil Keane look on as Kieran McKeon claims possession

Dublin were back level by the 11th minute at 0-03 apiece thanks partly to two eye-catching scores from Lee Gannon.

The sides were level again at 0-04 apiece but seven Dublin points without reply between the 15th and 27th minutes put clearly daylight between the teams.

Archer was to the fore in that period with three points from frees while Mark Lavin and Sean Foran, who both came on as subs for Dublin in last year's final, pointed too.

Archer closed out the first-half scoring with a converted '45 to leave Dublin in pole position at half-time, up by 0-11 to 0-05.

They could have been further ahead as McKeon drew a fine save from Byron, son of ex-Laois All-Star goalkeeper Fergal, and Alan Murphy also struck a shot off the bar.

Poor Laois only scored three points from play in the entire game and chased Dublin for the remainder of the game.

Rory Dwyer (L) and Brian O'Leary lift the cup

Coffey opened the second-half scoring to reduce the gap to five points but that was as close as Laois would get.

It seemed that for every positive action from Laois there was a reaction in the shape of a Dublin score as Gray's side remained in control.

Trailing by six points with four minutes to go, Laois were awarded a penalty but Barry pulled his left-footed kick wide and full-back Alex Mohan shot wide late on too.

McKeon was Dublin's standout player in the second-half with a series of excellent scores as they breasted the winning line with plenty to spare.

Dublin: Josh O'Neill; Alan Murphy, Adam Rafter, Josh Bannon; Rory Dwyer (0-01), Adam Waddick, Lee Gannon (0-02); Killian McGinnis, Evan Caulfield; Mark Lavin (0-01), Lorcan O'Dell (0-01), Sean Foran (0-01); Ciaran Archer (0-07, 0-03f, 0-02 '45), Luke Swan, Kieran McKeon (0-04).

Subs: Adam Fearon for McGinnis (41), Padraig Purcell for Foran (45), Conor Kinsella (0-01) for Bannon (47), Stephen Braiden O'Byrne for O'Dell (55), Conor Tyrrell for Murphy (61).

Laois: Matthew Byron (0-03, 0-02f, 0-01 ‘45); Neil Keane, Alex Mohan, Michael Dowling; Sean O'Flynn, Gary Saunders, Jack Lacey; Barry Howlin, PJ Daly; Damon Larkin, Jack Owens (0-01), Ronan Coffey (0-04, 0-02f); Mark Barry, Darragh Galvin, Colin Slevin.

Subs: Dean Brophy for Howlin (27), Sean O'Neill for Daly (42), Ross Bolger for Lacey (46), Josh Lacey for Galvin (51), Sean Michael Corcoran for Larkin (55).

Referee: Patrick Maguire (Longford).