Defending Ulster U20 football champions Tyrone scraped a 0-11 to 0-09 win against Antrim to make it through to another final in storm-force conditions at Lavey. 

Two points behind at half-time, Tyrone got themselves into a winning position with the wind and snow in their backs, but had to dig in to survive a late Saffron rally.

Three Tiarnan Quinn scores and two from Darragh Canavan saw the Red Hands over the line to face Donegal in next weekend's decider.

Goalkeeper Lorcan Quinn nudged Tyrone ahead after two minutes with a strongly stuck '45 into the wind, but Antrim levelled in the seventh minute when Dominic McEnhill landed a superb score from an angle out on the right. 

Tyrone crafted a goal chance which fell to Tomas Donaghy, a pre-match replacement for the injured Matthew Murnaghan, but he shot hurriedly and wide. 

Tyrone goalkeeper Lorcan Quinn kicked two points from placed balls

The holders lost midfielder Joe Oguz to as black card but only conceded a single point to the wind-assisted Antrim men during his ten minutes in the sin bin, a well-struck free by Pat Shivers.

That was after Quinn had regained the lead for Tyrone with a 45-metre free, but it was Antrim who finished the half strongly with midfielder Shivers landing a brilliant free from wide on the right, before tapping over his third placed-ball score from the 20-metre line, sending his side in with a 0-04 to 0-02 interval lead. 

Tyrone reeled off three scores in as many minutes at the start of the second half with Quinn, Ethan Jordan and Oguz all finding the target. 

Cormac McGettigan operated as a sweeper but a couple of long-range efforts negated his efforts as Tyrone took the lead.

Pat Shivers top-scored for Antrim with five points

But Antrim, with Shivers and Eoghan McMenamin performing strongly around the middle, hit back with a fine Rory Brolly effort, and another Shivers free to go back in front. 

Canavan finished off a well-worked move to regain the lead for Tyrone and they enjoyed a productive spell, with Ryan Jones and Quinn sweeping over points from distance to give them a four-point advantage.

Antrim displayed courage as they battled back, closing the game with a couple of Dominic McEnhill scores. Shivers narrowed the gap to two but it wasn’t enough for Hugh McGettigan’s men.

Tyrone: L Quinn (0-02, 0-01f, 0-01’45); C Quinn, C Munroe, M McCusker; N Kilpatrick, A Fox (0-01), J McCann; K Barker, J Oguz (0-01); L Gray, D Canavan (0-02), M Gallagher; E Jordan (0-01), T Donaghy, T Quinn (0-03, 0-01f).

Subs: R Jones (0-01) for Donaghy (40mins), S Garrity for Gray (51), T Quinn for Oguz (59), E Devlin for Gallagher (59).

Antrim: L Mulholland; J McDonnell, J Lamont, E Kelly; P King, C McGettigan, R Gribbin; P Shivers (0-05, 0-04f), E McMenamin; A Loughran, D McEnhill (0-03, 0-02f), C Stewart; A McNeilly, P Henvey, R Brolly (0-01).

Subs: C O’Neill for Stewart (38), D McAteer for Brolly (51), S Elliot for McNeilly (52), J Morgan for Kelly (54), E Hynds for Henvey (59). 

Referee: K Faloon (Armagh).