Éire Óg (Carlow) 2-11 Portlaoise (Laois) 1-06

Carlow will have representatives in both AIB Leinster club finals after the footballers of Éire Óg went back to the future with a powerful display to secure their decider place.

Éire Óg lit up the 1990s with five provincial title wins and a side containing several of the sons of the players from that era, surged past joint record title holders Portlaoise to reach this year's final.

Chris Blake led the scoring with 1-03 at O'Moore Park though it was a wonderful team display with outstanding performers from defence through to attack.

The sides were level at half-time, but Éire Óg outscored Portlaoise by 1-06 to 0-01 in the second-half to ultimately win with plenty to spare.

They will face Dublin's Ballyboden St Endas or Garrycastle of Westmeath in the 8 December final, while St Mullins of Carlow are also through to the provincial hurling final.

It was desolation for seven-time Leinster winners Portlaoise who registered just a point from a free in the second-half and had both goalscorer Kieran Lillis and Conor Boyle dismissed.

Éire Óg dominated for three quarters of the contest and couldn't have asked for a better start after bursting into a 1-03 to 0-01 lead after the opening quarter.

Boss Joe Murphy made four changes to their lineup beforehand and felt they got the mix just right with 1-01 inside the opening 60 seconds.

Blake netted just seconds into the contest when he blasted a right-footed shot across the goalkeeper and in off the upright.

Ross Dunphy added a point moments later and suddenly Éire Óg were in dreamland, opening up that five-point lead after just 15 minutes.

Portlaoise never looked panicked and were remarkably back on level terms by the 19th minute.

Lillis' 18th minute goal was crucial, though veteran attacker Brian McCormack was the key player during this period.

He picked out Lillis with a clever fist pass into space for that goal, scored an earlier point himself and also set up Benny Carroll, Gareth Dillon and Boyle for first-half points.

It was tense, cagey stuff but exciting and engaging and the sides were level three times in total late in the first half before hitting the interval locked on 1-05 apiece.

Portlaoise started Graham Brody in goals after the Laois stopper's strong form when introduced in the quarter-final win over St Pat's.

Michael Nolan had to make way but Brody more than justified his selection with a terrific penalty save to deny Cormac Mullins in the 19th minute.

Lillis, who finished the first half with 1-01, was grateful to his goalkeeper having been at fault for pushing Sean Gannon for the penalty.

Éire Óg started the second-half in top gear too and once again struck a succession of scores before Portlaoise had settled.

Blake and sub Niall Quinlan, son of Carlow legend Willie, blasted a brace of points apiece and with Portlaoise conjuring only a McCormack point in response, the underdogs opened up a 1-09 to 1-06 lead.

Quinlan registered his third point in the 46th minute to leave four points in it and Portlaoise, struggling to break down Éire Óg's expertly assembled defence, appeared in real trouble.

It got even worse when Lillis and Boyle walked to the line in the 53rd and 62nd minutes and Dunphy capped a brilliant evening for Éire Óg with their second goal late on.

Éire Óg: Ricky Keating; Jordan Lowry (0-01), Mark Fitzgerald, Brendan Kavanagh; Richie Mahon, Mark Furey, Paul McElligott; Sean Gannon, Eoghan Ruth; Ross Dunphy (1-01), Darragh O'Brien (0-01), Colm Hulton (0-01); Christopher Blake (1-04, 0-01f), Jordan Morrissey, Cormac Mullins

Subs: Niall Quinlan (0-03, 0-03f) for Mullins (h/t), Derek Hayden for Hulton (51), Reece Denieffe for O'Brien (62), Kelvin Chatten for Mahon (65)

Portlaoise: Graham Brody; Gary Saunders, Frank Flanagan, David Seale; David Holland, Chris Finn, Paddy Downey; Kieran Lillis (1-01), Ciaran McEvoy; Benny Carroll (0-01), Conor Boyle (0-01), Brian Glynn; Gareth Dillon (0-01), Brian McCormack (0-02, 0-01f), Ricky Maher

Subs: Damon Larkin for Downey (h/t), Colin Finn for Holland (43), Craig Rogers for Maher (48), Ronan McEvoy for Flanagan (54)

Referee: Patrick Maguire (Longford)