Ballyboden St Enda's 0-15 Thomas Davis 0-09

A final-quarter burst of Ballyboden St Enda's scoring eased the Anthony Rainbow-managed outfit to Dublin SFC title success, their first capital crown since 2015.

It won't go down as a classic contest at Parnell Park between two south-side neighbours with Ballyboden content to show their patience and strike with lethal intent when it counted.

They did lead throughout against the surprise finalists from Tallaght, though there was still just three points in it with 42 minutes on the clock.

An experienced and talented 'Boden ultimately finished strongest from there, outscoring Thomas Davis by 0-07 to 0-04 to double their lead to six points by full-time.

Ross McGarry, a Leinster Under-21 title winner this year, impressed with 0-04 overall for the Firhouse Road side while the Basquel brothers, Colm and Ryan, contributed 0-09 between them.

It's a fourth Dublin title in total for Ballyboden who were All-Ireland champions as recently as 2016.

Colm Basquel of Ballyboden has a shot on goal despite the best efforts of Adam Fallon 

They're already favourites to go on and claim provincial honours again with an opening game in Leinster against Louth champions Newtown Blues in Drogheda next Sunday.

But it's the end of the line for Paul Kelly's Thomas Davis who caused a sensation just by qualifying for the decider.

It was a rare defeat in championship football for the Kiltipper Road outfit at the end of two strong seasons.

The club was infamously demoted to a new second tier within Dublin when the championship was restructured for 2018, prompting a Thomas Davis appeal that ultimately failed at the Disputes Resolution Authority.

The club's impressive response was to win the 2018 SFC 2 Championship, securing promotion to SFC 1, and then blaze a trail this year to their first county final since 1991.

They took out holders Kilmacud Crokes in the semi-finals but still returned to Parnell Park as underdogs and trailed from the opening scoring in the sixth minute until full-time.

Colm Basquel, who featured in Dublin's last three league games last spring before spending the summer in the US, hit that opening score for 'Boden.

His brother, captain Ryan, who played in Dublin's first two league games this year, was their primary scorer for the rest of the half with four points, three from frees.

It wasn't classic football with five of the nine first-half points overall coming from placed balls.

Thomas Davis marked tightly and hit hard, displaying an ultra commitment which left 'Boden to work so hard for any attacks they created.

Michael Darragh MacAuley surges away from Cian Murphy 

Dublin's five-in-a-row hero Michael Darragh Macauley won one of the frees that Ryan converted and Colm Basquel won another while ex-Dublin midfielder Declan O'Mahony boomed over a long ranger.

Ballyboden had four points on the board before Thomas Davis finally opened their account through former Dublin panellist Ryan Deegan who converted a free.

Their only point from play in the opening half came from David Keogh though it was admittedly a beauty as he screwed one over off the outside of his right boot.

Keogh tried a similar kick minutes later that didn't come off and it underlined their general difficulties in attack as 'Boden hit the break with a 0-07 to 0-02 lead.

The quality improved in the second-half and Davis reduced their arrears to three points with scores from free-taker Eoin Kirby, ex-Clare forward Shane McGrath and Keogh in the third quarter.

But they couldn't kick on and it was 'Boden who brought all their big game experience to bear in the final 20 minutes or so with the Basquels and McGarry turning the screw in attack with a series of crucial scores.

Ballyboden St Enda's: Darragh Gogan; Bob Dwan, Shane Clayton, Cathal Flaherty; Darragh Nelson, Robbie McDaid, Aran Waters; Michael Darragh Macauley, Declan O'Mahony (0-01); Sean Gibbons, Colm Basquel (0-03, 0-02f), Darren O'Reilly; Warren Egan, Ryan Basquel (0-06), 0-03f), Ross McGarry (0-04).

Subs: Alan Flood (0-01) for Gibbons (h/t), Tom Hayes for Egan (48), Brian Bobbett for Macauley (50), Kieran Kennedy for McDaid (40-45), Kennedy for Dwan (57), James Holland for Nelson (58), Conal Keaney for O'Reilly (60).

Thomas Davis: Robbie Crilly; Aaron Shorten, Peter Quinn, Brian Kirby; Adam Fallon, Cian Murphy, Sean Kennedy; Brendan Kirby, Oisin Kelly; Ryan Deegan (0-01, 0-01f), Eoin Kirby (0-04, 0-04f), David Keogh (0-02); Shane McGrath (0-01), Ciaran Farrelly, Eoin Lambert.

Subs: Eanna O'Toole (0-01) for Kelly (8), Sean Reilly for Lambert (h/t), Lambert for Brian Kirby (55), Mark Nolan for McGrath (55).

Referee: John Higgins (Na Fianna).