St Joseph's Miltown 0-12 Kilmurry Ibrickane 0-08

Having been level on 12 occasions over a titanic 120 minute heavyweight derby slugfest, St Joseph's Miltown finally broke the mould to kick four injury-time points and retain their Clare Senior Football Championship title in Cusack Park, Ennis this afternoon.

Extra-time appeared a certainty after a glorious Darragh McDonagh goal chance flew over the crossbar to regain parity at 0-8 to 0-8, a scoreline that would prevail as this replay drifted over the hour mark.

However, after heroic Miltown goalkeeper Seanie O'Brien prevented a Daryn Callinan effort from going over the bar, his third such intervention over the hour, the holders would take full advantage.

McDonagh grabbed his second point to edge them in front before Eoin Cleary, Cormac Murray and substitute Eoin Curtin finished the job in an unforeseen late blitz.

Up to that juncture, an almost identical seesaw pattern carried over from the drawn decider seven days earlier as for the second successive week, St Joseph's kicked the last three points to reel in Kilmurry Ibrickane by the break.

This time it was the influential Cleary twins, Eoin (2) and Conor, that provided the leadership and more importantly the scores to ensure a 0-5 to 0-5 interval statemate.

That scoreline flattered Miltown after Kilmurry Ibrickane had made all the early running as Dermot Coughlan was somehow denied a goal by goalkeeper O'Brien before Keelan Sexton's three point burst entering the second quarter nudged the 'Bricks 0-5 to 0-2 clear by the 23rd minute.

The Cleary brothers did crucially step up to cement parity by the recess, with both sides nervously passing up several scoring opportunities in a turgid third quarter that was only lit up by a goal opportunity for Cormac Murray at the back post which appeared to rebound off the frame of the goal.

The Clearys matched placed balls from drawn final hero Ian McInerney and chief threat Keelan Sexton as the game entered the final ten minutes, with the latter also inching Kilmurry Ibrickane in front once more, only for McDonagh's goal chance to level the tie for the sixth time by the 55th minute.

However, with extra-time looming inexorably on the horizon, St Joseph's Miltown upped the ante decisively with four points in as many additional minutes to relievedly end this derby saga and retain the Jack Daly Cup for the first time in 113 years.

St Joseph's Miltown: Sean O'Brien; Enda O'Gorman, Seanie Malone, Eoin O'Brien; Gearoid Curtin, Gordon Kelly (Captain), Aidan McGuane; Darragh McDonagh (0-02), Conor Cleary (0-02);  Kieran Malone, Brian Curtin, Oisin Looney; Graham Kelly (0-01), Eoin Cleary (0-05, 0-04f), Cormac Murray (0-01)

Subs: Micheál Murray for Looney (47), Eoin Curtin (0-01) for Graham Kelly (54), Colin Hehir for K. Malone (60, inj), Jamesie O'Connor for McGuane (64)

Kilmurry Ibrickane: Ian McInerney (0-01, 0-01f); Mark Killeen, Ciaran Morrissey, Darren Hickey; Darragh Sexton, Martin McMahon, Shane Hickey; Keith King (Captain), Aidan McCarthy (0-01); Michael Hogan, Michael O'Dwyer, Daniel Walsh; Keelan Sexton (0-06, 0-04f, 0-01'45), Enda Coughlan, Dermot Coughlan

Subs: Eamonn Bracken for King (38, inj), Daryn Callinan for O'Dwyer (43), Niall Hickey for Hogan (59)

Referee: Fearghal Gray (Feakle)