Lámh Dhearg 0-13 Erin's Own, Cargin 1-10

Tomás McCann's pointed free deep into stoppage time rescued a draw for Cargin in Sunday's Antrim Senior Football Championship final at a sunny Corrigan Park.

The defending champions looked in real trouble in this game as Lámh Dhearg dominated for long spells, but perhaps the three games needed to get through the semi-final stage caught up with them late on as Cargin rallied and secured a second chance next week.

It was the McCann clan who made the difference for Damien Cassidy's men with Tomás, Paul and Gerard all to the fore in the closing stages with Michael hitting the only goal of the game on 48 minutes.

It may have felt like one that got away for Lámh Dhearg who got their match-ups spot on with Ben Rice producing a man-of-the-match display from wing-back as he kicked three excellent scores. 

Cargin were first on the board with Tomás McCann pointing a free in the second minute, but they wouldn't add to their tally for another 25 as Lámh Dhearg completely dominated around the middle.

The Hannahstown side used the wind to great effect as Paddy Cunningham landed a free from 65 meters out and Declan Dunne converted a 45 on 14 minutes to put them into the lead.

A quick break from Ben Rice saw him hit the game's first point from play before Cunningham tapped over another free.

Conor Murray was next on the board, thumping over an excellent score from range and Cunningham added another free to open a five-point gap.

Cargin were struggling, but the introduction of Gerard McCann saw them steady around the middle as suddenly they began to win primary possession. 

Michael Magill was showing well and he played Tomás McCann in for a point and while Cunningham hit back with a free, Cargin had the final say of the half when a slick move instigated by another of their replacements, Enda McGrogan saw the ball played into Magill who had a shot at goal, but his effort was superbly saved up and over for a point by John Finucane to leave Lámh Dhearg holding a 0-7 to 0-3 lead at the break.

Cunningham and McCann traded frees after the break with Rice and Gerard McCann doing likewise from play as the Red Hands maintained the four point gap heading into the final quarter.

When they needed it most, James Laverty made an excellent interception for Cargin and he sent Paul McCann away on the counter who waited for a runner and found brother, MIchael McCann with a good pass and the former county star drilled his shot high into the net to leave it 0-9 to 1-5.

Lámh Dhearg hit back with points from Ben Rice and Eoin McKeown and while Paul McCann reduced the deficit to two with five to play, the city side could have sealed it with Marc Jordan put through, but his shot whistled over.

Points from Paul and Michael McCann left just one in it with the game ticking into stoppage time, but Paddy Cunningham looked to have steadied the Belfast outfit from a free.

Cargin would not throw the towel in and Tomás McCann saw a dipping shot whistle over the bar before holding his nerve with that long-range free three minutes into added time to secure a draw and keep their hopes of a fourth title in five years alive.

Cargin: J McNabb; D McKeever, M Kane, K O'Boyle; T Scullion, J Crozier, J Laverty; D Johnston, J Carron; P McCann (0-2), M McCann (1-1), C Bradley; T McCann (0-5, 3 frees), M Magill (0-1), J Gribbin. Subs: G McCann (0-1) for J Carron (25), E McGrogan for T Scullion (26), K McShane for D Johnston (42), K Close for E McGrogan (54), G McCorley for M Kane (59)

Lámh Dhearg: J Finucane; C Nolan, P Mervyn, M McGarry; D Lynch, M Herron, B Rice (0-3); D Dunne (0-1, 45), K Quinn; E McKeown (0-1), C Murray (0-1), M Jordan (0-1); P Cunningham (0-6, all frees), T McCrudden, R Murray. Subs: C McIlvenny for C Nolan (45). Black cards: T McCrudden (45, replaced by R Diamond), R Murray (60+2, replaced by M Finnegan), M Herron (60+3, not replaced)

Referee: Sean Laverty (Moneyglass)