Sean Moran struck a dramatic equalising goal with the last puck of the game at Parnell Park to secure a remarkable draw for Dublin in the Leinster SHC.

Mattie Kenny's side looked destined for back to back defeats in the provincial campaign after letting slip a five-point lead following Liam Og McGovern and Rory O'Connor Wexford goals to trail by three deep into additional time.

But they were handed a lifeline when full-forward Liam Rushe was fouled in the 77th minute and Cuala colossus Moran strode forward to strike home a low, levelling goal.

It was tough on Wexford who'd put themselves in a winning position in their first game of the summer but a draw was probably a fair result at the end of a terrific and tight encounter.

Moran's goal tied the game up for the 11th time as the teams swapped the lead on numerous occasions in front of a near full-house.

Joint captain Lee Chin top-scored for Wexford with 0-11 and thought he'd secured the win with his 72nd minute point from the left wing, leaving three in it, but Moran had the final say.

The result gives Dublin a fighting chance of securing a top-three finish in Leinster despite losing to Kilkenny in Round 1 and they travel to play Carlow next on 2 June.

There was little to separate the sides at Parnell Park.

As for Wexford they'll be back in action next weekend when they play Galway at Pearse Stadium.

Wexford just about edged the corresponding fixture with Dublin on home soil last year and it was no surprise that this one went right to the wire too.

The sides were level on five occasions in the first-half as the game developed into a tense, tit-for-tat scoring contest.

Wexford, starting 13 of the team that lost to Clare in last year's All-Ireland quarter-finals, got the brighter start, moving three points clear before Dublin eventually got off the mark in the eighth minute through Conal Keaney.

It was Keaney's first start for Dublin this year having underwent shoulder surgery over winter and missed the entire Allianz league.

The powerful Ballyboden man, 36, was a key figure in the first half for Dublin, clipping two points and engaging in an intriguing head to head with Wexford centre-back Matthew O'Hanlon.

Dublin recovered to draw level at 0-05 apiece after 16 minutes and pushed on to lead by three points at one stage.

Wexford, typical of the pattern of the game, responded with a surge of scores themselves to level it up and then take the lead.

Davy Fitzgerald watched his side take the lead on four different occasions in the opening half though they still went in at half-time level at 0-11 apiece.

Fitzgerald viewed most of the opening half from the back of the main stand before joining selectors JJ Doyle, Seoirse Bulfin and Keith Rossitter on the sideline just before the interval.

The Clare man was visibly agitated on a number of occasions by his side's wasteful play in the final third of the pitch with eight first-half wides.

Wexford boss Davy Fitzgerald

They were level on three more occasions after the restart before Dublin suddenly moved up through the gears and put clear daylight between the teams.

They hit five points in a row between the 42nd and 47th minutes to open up a 0-18 to 0-14 lead.

Boland came storming into the game, hitting the first of those Dublin scores and Paul Ryan notched the rest from frees and open play.

Wexford struggled for a spell to win possession from their own puck-outs as Dublin's intensity soared.

Moran and Tom Connolly boomed over two long range points for Dublin and they led 0-20 to 0-15 with 15 minutes to go.

Wexford looked in real trouble but raised their game superbly, reeling off 1-03 without reply to remarkably take the lead yet again.

Og McGovern smashed home a 56th minute to begin the fight-back and while Dublin levelled briefly at 0-21 to 1-18, Wexford's second goal in the 65th minute looked like being decisive.

O'Connor grabbed it after a clever lay-off by McGovern and now Wexford were the ones in the driving seat with a three-point lead.

They retained that advantage at the death but in the seventh minute of additional time Dublin struck to earn a share of the spoils.

Wexford: Mark Fanning; Damien Reck, Liam Ryan, Simon Donohoe; Paudie Foley, Matthew O'Hanlon, Aidan Nolan (0-01); Shaun Murphy (0-03), Diarmuid O'Keeffe; Kevin Foley, Liam Og McGovern (1-01), Lee Chin (0-11, 0-08f, 0-02 65); Conor McDonald (0-03, 0-02 s/l), Jack O'Connor, Rory O'Connor (1-00). 

Subs: Cathal Dunbar for Nolan (54), David Dunne for McDonald (66), Harry Kehoe for J O'Connor (68), Shane Reck for Murphy (73).

Dublin: Alan Nolan; Paddy Smyth, Eoghan O'Donnell, Tom Connolly (0-02); Shane Barrett, Sean Moran (1-02, 1-01f), Chris Crummey (0-01); Sean Treacy, Danny Sutcliffe; Cian Boland (0-03), Conal Keaney (0-02), Eamonn Dillon (0-01); Fergal Whitely (0-01), Liam Rushe, Paul Ryan (0-10, 0-07f, 0-01 65).

Subs: David Treacy for Keaney (49), Jake Malone for Boland (60), Caolan Conway for Treacy (63), Ronan Hayes for Whitely (67). 

Referee: Fergal Horgan (Tipperary).