McKenna Cup Round 3 results
Donegal 1-20 Cavan 1-12, Ballybofey
Down 4-18 Queen's University 1-05, Pairc Esler
Armagh 0-13 Monaghan 1-09, Athletic Grounds
Antrim 1-14 St Mary's 0-09, Woodlands
Derry 1-20 UUJ 0-07, Owenbeg
Tyrone 0-10 Fermanagh 0-04, Healy Park

Armagh, Donegal, Tyrone and Derry all booked their places in the semi-finals of the Dr McKenna Cup with wins in their final group games.

Donegal will meet Armagh while Tyrone take on Derry, who progress as the best group runners up, with the semi-finals taking place on Sunday.

Armagh had the toughest test on the night as they edged to a one-point victory over Monaghan, winning 0-13 to 1-09 at the Athletic Grounds.

Jack McCarron fired an early penalty to the net for the game’s only goal but it was nip and tuck throughout with Stefan Campbell’s late point proving to be decisive.

Donegal warmed up for their semi-final clash with a 1-20 to 1-12 victory over Cavan.

Cavan were forced to play with 14 men for much of the game after David Phillips was sent-off for a poor challenge on Jamie Brennan inside the first ten minutes and Donegal took full advantage, claiming a comfortable win.

Derry claimed an even more convincing victory over UUJ, winning 1-20 to 0-07.

UUJ were kept scoreless in the first half with Emmett Bradley scoring Derry’s only goal of the game as they led 1-07 to 0-00 at the break, and while UUJ improved in the second-half, they were never going to mount a fightback.

Tyrone finished ahead of Derry in Pool C courtesy of a 0-10 to 0-04 win over Fermanagh in a low scoring game.

Peter Harte scored five points from frees for the Red Hand and they will face Derry on Sunday, having already beaten them last month in their group game.

Antrim claimed a five-point victory over St Mary’s. Ryan Murray scored the game’s only goal and while St Mary’s mounted a late rally of sorts, they Antrim were out of sight by that stage.

Elsewhere Down romped to a 4-18 to 1-05 victory over Queens University in Newry.

Goals from Shane Annett, Declan McClements and a brace from Pat Havern saw the Mournemen ease to a massive 22-point victory.