St Peter's, Dunboyne (Meath) 0-07 Kilmacud Crokes (Dublin) 2-17

Rampant Kilmacud Crokes stormed through to the last four of the AIB Leinster club SFC but it was a bittersweet 16-point win for joint manager Robbie Brennan.

The Dunboyne resident is a former player and manager with the St Peter's club but, alongside Johnny Magee, comfortably guided Crokes through to a 25 November semi-final.

It wasn't a classic quarter-final encounter in Navan with Crokes in total control throughout and ahead from the sixth minute when Pat Burke put them 0-02 to 0-01 ahead.

Former Dublin and Clare forward Burke finished with 0-04 for the four-time Leinster champions while back to back All-Star Paul Mannion led the scoring with an impressive 2-06.

Mannion grabbed both goals inside a three-minute spell early in the second-half, the first from a penalty and the second from play after a turnover in the Dunboyne defence.

Mannion was carefully tracked throughout by Meath defender Seamus Lavain but still kicked a match winning score before being taken off six minutes from full-time.

St. Peters' Jack Scannell and Craig Dias of Kilmacud Crokes

Dunboyne eased past Shelmaliers of Wexford in their opening provincial game but were soundly beaten here and rued the loss of Meath forward Donal Lenihan who is away travelling.

Crokes were also without a marquee talent in Dublin defender Cian O'Sullivan who was named to start but didn't feature despite being present and among the substitutes.

The Stillorgan side didn't require him and surged into a 0-07 to 0-01 lead after 20 minutes with Dara Mullin also twice on the mark.

Dunboyne's best period of the game was between the 22nd and 32nd minutes when they scored four points but they still trailed by 0-10 to 0-05 at half-time.

Crokes upped the ante after the restart and effectively killed off the game by the three-quarter mark after Mannion's goals.

His first came after he was fouled by Lavin for a 40th minute penalty and the county star slotted low to the right of goalkeeper Cian Flynn.

St. Peters' Shane McEntee and Callum Pearson of Kilmacud Crokes

His second came three minutes later when Dunboyne failed to clear their lines and Mannion seized possession on the left to shoot across the 'keeper to the far corner.

Mannnion added three more points, the last from play, before being taken off as the management chose to rest key players and run in their full allocation of substitutes.

Cian O'Connor, Callum Pearson, Cillian O'Shea and sub Stephen Williams wrapped up the scoring for the Glenalbyn outfit while Dunboyne were restricted to just two points in the second-half.

Kilmacud Crokes: David Nestor; Liam Flatman, Andrew McGowan (0-01), Cian O'Connor (0-01); Aidan Jones, Cillian O'Shea (0-01), Ross McGowan; Craig Dias, Conor Casey; Shane Cunningham, Paul Mannion (2-06, 0-05f, 1-00 pen), Shane Horan; Pat Burke (0-04, 0-04f), Dara Mullin (0-02), Callum Pearson (0-01).

Subs: Ronan Ryan for Jones (40), Kevin Dyas for Horan (44), Stephen Williams (0-01) for Mannion (54), Tom Fox for Cunningham (54), Mark Vaughan for Burke (54), Nathan Nolan for Craig Dias (57).

St Peter's, Dunboyne: Cian Flynn; Gavin McCoy, Liam Byrne, Cian O'Dwyer; Cathal Finn (0-01), Seamus Lavin (0-01), Craig Lowndes (0-01); Shane McEntee, Jack Donnelly; Niall Jones, Stuart Lowndes (0-02), Sean Ryan; Robert McCarthy (0-01), Ronan Jones, David McEntee (0-01, 0-01f).

Subs: Conor Doran for Ryan (24, black card), Jack Scannell for Donnelly (41), David Gallagher for Niall Jones (46), Michael Dunne for David McEntee (54), Shane Comiskey for McCarthy (54), Stephen Moran for Cian O'Dwyer (57).

Referee: Maurice Deegan (Laois).