Three of Tir Chonaill Gaels’ home-grown stars fired them to a record 17th senior championship at Ruislip.

London-born players Liam Gavaghan, Killian Butler and Ryan Elliott, all products of the Gaels’ underage system, scored a combined fourteen points to end Fulham Irish’s hopes of back-to-back titles.

They now progress to a Connacht quarter-final against Roscommon champions Clann na nGael at Dr Hyde Park on November 4.

The Gaels let a three-point slip in injury time during last Sunday’s drawn final and got off to a nervy start in this replay as two Liam Staunton frees settled Fulham.

But the defending champions then went 27 minutes without a score as Tir Chonaill slowly began to throw more bodies forward and used the strong wind to their advantage.

Kevin Rafferty and Butler curled over fantastic scores and Gavaghan’s expert free-taking saw them register six unanswered points.

Fulham were punished for misplaced passes in their own half and they also squandered some decent chances at the other end, with Gaels goalkeeper Gavin McEvoy denying Anton McArdle following a one-two with David Givney.

Irish would have been content to trail by only three points at the interval, two late Staunton frees making it 0-7 to 0-4.

With the wind now on their backs, Fulham quickly overturned their deficit. Lorcan Mulvey kicked their first point from play on 36 minutes and like London buses, another one arrived moments later as the Cavan native fired over from the resultant kickout.

Three points in quick succession moved Fulham in front, Wateford’s Gavin Nugent with the go-ahead point, but the introduction of Elliott ignited Tir Chonaill Gaels.

Dropped to the bench for the replay, Elliott had a point to prove and fired over a point with his first touch, with Gavaghan then tagging on a free to make it 0-11 to 0-10.

Tir Chonaill then had two glorious goal chances that would have put the game to bed. Adrian Hanlon threaded the eye of a needle to play Butler in on goal but Jonathan Tavey produced a brilliant point-blank save, while Elliott saw a shot come back off the crossbar three minutes later.

A tense finish looked on the cards when Nugent equalised with 10 minutes remaining but they were blown away by a Butler and Elliott late show.

The pair kicked four points in as many minutes, with overlaps from deep stretching the Fulham defence, to ensure the Gaels got their hands on the trophy for the first time in three years.

Tir Chonaill Gaels: G McEvoy; M McWilliams, P Butler, G Magee; M McCoy, A McDermott, M Moynihan; B Friel, B Mullin; E Murray, M Gottsche, L Gavaghan (0-06, 0-05f); K Rafferty (0-01), A Hanlon, K Butler (0-05).

Subs: S Burke for Magee (23), R Elliott (0-03) for Rafferty (40), L Gallagher for Friel (44), A Askin for Murray (60).

Fulham Irish: J Tavey; M Walsh, C Hyde, R Morgan; R Sloan, H Dockry, D Connern; M Murphy (0-01), D O’Connor; L Staunton (0-08, 0-07f, 1 ’45), A McArdle, S Walsh; L Mulvey (0-02), D Givney, G Nugent (0-02).

Subs: L Turley for Hyde (30), J Gilfedder for Walsh (33), A Savage for Connern (44), M Hughes for Mulvey (55), P Friel for Turley (60), M Cunningham for Walsh (60).

Referee: M Maher.