The Dingle official caught on video punching an East Kerry player in the Kerry SFC semi-final replay last Sunday has been handed a proposed eight-week ban.

The CCC met last night to consider the referee's report and proposed the ban for the official, who has been charged with a Category 2A offence.

The Dingle mentor, who has three days to appeal the ban, has not been named by the Kerry county board. 

Gerry O'Sullivan, the East Kerry manager, who was also sent to the stand, was not found guilty of any offence and received no ban. 

East Kerry players Paudie and David Clifford will serve one match bans for straight red cards issued during the game.

Meanwhile, Dingle star Paul Geaney has claimed there was no malice in the flashpoint.

Geaney's club defeated the divisional outfit but the result has been overshadowed by a second-half brawl, lasting for two minutes, that saw members of the respective backroom teams also get involved. 

Footage posted to social media showed one member of the Dingle backroom team punch an East Kerry player in the head.

The incident left a number of players lying on the pitch. East Kerry finished the game with 13 men.

Speaking to Radio Kerry after the game, Geaney said the fight was inexcusable but insisted there was no malice behind it either.

"When there is adrenaline pumping and there are the physical stakes, it is possible to happen. The stakes are high. There was a county final on the line. It happens. Is it excusable? Probably not," said the Kerry forward.

"You are looking at your team-mates and if they are in trouble, you are going to help them out. There was no malice in any of them. It was two teams trying to stamp their authority on the game. It just flares up sometimes," added Geaney, who suggested more officials might have stopped the violence.

"Maybe, they do have to look at a second referee to stamp authority because there were two incidents, the same incident really, and when a referee is trying to deal with it on one side, then something else flared up. It is very difficult."

Dingle are scheduled to play Dr Crokes in the final on Sunday. With the Kerry county board awaiting the referee's report before proceeding, it could be an anxious few days for some members of the Dingle set-up.