Erin's Own, Cargin 0-5 0-4 Creggan Kickhams

Cargin claimed their third Antrim Senior Football Championship title in four years as the Toome club overcame local rivals Creggan at a windy Ahoghill.

In what was the first all south-west decider in Antrim history, unfortunately the action didn't match the occasion as the huge crowd watched a game that never came to life and was extremely conservative throughout.

Not that it will matter to Cargin who crossed the line in this derby fixture as they claimed the bragging rights and regained the MacNamee Cup, having last won it in 2016.

To say the first half was cagey would be an understatement as both sides flooded their defence and engaged in a game of keep-ball for the most part.

Cargin did begin brightly, winning the throw-in and retaining possession for the first 75 seconds, which led to the ball reaching Michael Magill who curled over an excellent score.

Michael Magill 

This was a false dawn as the game was to become a chess match with both sides trying to find a route to goal, but more often than not, possession was coughed up as both ran into a mass of bodies.

Creggan leveled on 11 minutes through Kevin Small's excellent point on the turn, but again this failed to spark things into life.

Cargin did seem to have a little bit more in attack, but were unable to convert, kicking five wides in the opening period, yet Creggan were guilty for an identical tally although they did edge ahead on 18 minutes when Small converted a free.

Cargin drew level with Ciaran Bradley weaving in on the right to kick over, but this was to prove the final score of a disappointing opening period.

Things did improve for a brief period after the break with Tomás McCann kicking an outrageous score from way out on the right on 37 minutes and this was followed by a similar effort from Ciaran Bradley a minute later.

Creggan responded with Martin Johnston played through to curl over and when Conor McCann raced in from the left to fist over on 44 minutes, we were back to level pegging.

However, Kickham's just couldn't keep their foot on the gas as Cargin retained possession and dominated the breaks as Creggan's shooting began to let time down.

On 52 minutes, Michael McCann swapped passes with Bradley and curled over from the left to nudge his side back ahead and while Creggan did have their chances to get back on terms, they just couldn't find the target as Cargin held on to claim their third county title in four years.

Cargin: J McNabb; D McKeever, K O'Boyle, J Laverty; T Scullion, J Crozier, M Kane; G McCann, M McCann (0-1); J Carron, J Gribbin, C Bradley (0-2); E McGrogan, M Magill (0-1), T McCann (0-1). Subs: K Close for J Carron (38), D Johnston for E McGrogan (46), G McCorley for K O'Boyle (47), K McShane for G McCann (50)

Creggan: O Kerr; A Maguire, R Johnston, C McCann; S Maguire, T McCann, R McCann; Conor McCann (0-1), K Rice; O McLarnon, K Small (0-2, 1 free), F Burke; M Rodgers, C Small, L Quinn. Subs: M Johnston (0-1) for M Rodgers (11), T McAteer for O McLarnon (38), D McGuckin for F Burke (46), P Coey for K Rice (56)

Referee: Karol Doherty (Rasharkin)