Galway 3-13 Meath 2-09

A storming second-half performance, the highlight of which was three goals in a devastating six-minute period, eased Galway through to their second Electric Ireland All-Ireland minor football final in three seasons.

The Connacht champions trailed at the break but outscored Meath by 3-07 to 0-05 from there on to cruise through to a final clash with Monaghan or Kerry on 2 September.

The game changed between the 40th and 46th minutes when Eoghan Tinney, sub Oisin McCormack and defender Tony Gill all struck Galway goals.

It moved Donal O Fatharta's side from five points down to three ahead and they never looked back from there, eventually winning by a seven-point margin.

Centre-forward Aidan Halloran impressed with four points and claimed the Man of the Match award while Galway dominated at midfield and wing-back Cathal Sweeney struck three points.

It's the end of the road for Leinster champions Meath who beat Derry in the quarter-finals and dreamed of reaching a first final since 2012 and, potentially, claiming a first title since 1992.

They edged a tight first-half by 2-04 to 0-06 thanks to 14th and 29th minute goals from Luke Mitchell, who finished with 1-04, and Luke Kelly.

Luke Kelly scored Meath's second goal

Mitchell fired past the 'keeper at the Hill 16 End following a sweeping move upfield involving David Bell and captain Mathew Costello.

Kelly's strike was all down to his own perseverance as he raced in along the right endline and somehow beat the 'keeper with a shot from the most acute of angles.

The strikes gave Meath a cushion for the remainder of the half though Galway went close to grabbing a major themselves when Tinney was denied.

Halloran hit Galway's last two points of the first-half and added his third after the restart, igniting the Tribesmen who took over in the second-half.

Meath only added five points in the second-half, four of those coming from Mitchell, as Galway dominated.

The Westerners' goals came in a blitzkrieg period in the third quarter and Tinney got the siege under way.

He capitalised on good work by Paul Kelly and Conor Raftery to and just two minutes later McCormack blasted in from the right of goals.

Centre-back Gill notched the third after a clever pop pass over the top from Kelly. Gill still had plenty to do but cut inside his man before opening his body out to beat the 'keeper with a quality finish.

It left Galway 3-07 to 2-07 clear and with a strong platform at midfield they increased their lead from there.

Free-taker Ryan Monahan was guilty of some bad errors but finally got off the mark late on while Halloran, Raftery and Tomo Culhane all got on the score-sheet.

Galway: Donie Halloran; Cian Deane, Sean Black, Ethan Walsh; Ryan Monahan (0-02, 0-02f), Tony Gill (1-00), Cathal Sweeney (0-03); Paul Kelly (0-01), Conor Raftery (0-01); Oisin Gormally, Aidan Halloran (0-04), Liam Judge; Eoghan Tinney (1-00), Daniel Cox (0-01), Matthew Cooley.

Subs: Oisin McCormack (1-00) for Cox (h/t), Cian Hernon for Judge (35, black card), Eanna McCormack for Gormally (40), Tomo Culhane (0-01) for Cooley (52), Conor Halbard for Tinney (56).

Meath: Sean Brennan; James O'Hare, Harry O'Higgins, Cathal Hickey; Conor Farrelly, Conor Harford, Sean Coffey (0-01); Adam Reilly, Cian McBride; Bryan McCormack (0-01), Mathew Costello (0-01), Darragh Swaine; David Bell (0-02, 0-02f), Luke Kelly (1-00), Luke Mitchell (1-04, 0-01f).

Subs: Colin Hawdon for Costello (38-40), Hawdon for McCormack (41), Oisin McCloskey for Farrelly (50), Niall Bennett for Reilly (50), Brian O'Hanlon for Swaine (50), Luke Newe for McCloskey (53, black card), Joseph Moore for Kelly (56).

Referee: Noel Mooney (Cavan).