Tipperary advanced to an All-Ireland U-21 final showdown with Cork when they dismissed Galway in a fiery semi-final at the Gaelic Grounds in Limerick in which three players were sent off.

Galway finished with 13 men after having a man sent off in each half, while Tipperary were reduced to 14 in the third quarter.

But Tipp never trailed and kept their nerve in the final quarter to set up a rematch with a Cork side who beat them by 13 points in the Munster final. 

The winners played with the breeze in the opening half and turned around lead by 2-13 to 0-09 after finishing with a flourish before the break.

A good intercept point from Brian Concannon helped haul Tipperary back and cut their early lead to 0-09 to 0-07 after Jake Morris had led the charge for the Premier County.

But Tipperary took over from there and outscored Galway by 2-03 to 0-02 in the closing seven minutes of the half.

And Galway’s task suffered a big blow when Concannon was sent off after an off the ball incident with Tipperary corner-back Podge Campion.

Then Mark Kehoe fired home Tipperary’s opening goal after a superb run by Ger Browne after 26 minutes, with Colin English following quickly with a point and Morris landed another free after he himself was fouled.

Concannon pulled back another point for Galway and Morris cancelled it with a free just before the Tribesmen were reduced to 14 men.

And Tipperary finished the opening half in devastating form with Morris blasting a rebound to the net after Galway goalkeeper Eanna Murphy did well to save from Kehoe.

Tipperary goalscorer Kehoe was sent off for a challenge on Galway goalkeeper Eanna Murphy after the sides twice exchanged points after the break.

Galway got back in contention when a long delivery from Jack Grealish ended up in the Tipperary net when sub Jack Canning put full-back Brian McGrath under pressure.

That cut the margin to 2-16 to 1-15 with eleven minutes left but while Tomas Monaghan, who hit three second-half points, did most to lift the Tribesmen they couldn’t get close the gap.

Morris continued to impress and he pushed the gap out to four in the closing stages before Galway’s Cian Salmon was sent off after he retaliated.

Points from Niland and Monaghan cut the margin to three and gave Galway hope in stoppage time but Tipp senior Browne burst through to blast to the net and wrap up a date in the final against Cork in two and a half weeks.

TIPPERARY: Barry Hogan; Eoghan Connolly, Brian McGrath, Killian O’Dwyer; Podge Campion, Robert Byrne (0-01), Dillon Quirke (0-01); Ger Browne (1-02), Stephen Nolan; Colin English (0-01), Jerome Cahill, Paudie Feehan; Jake Morris (1-09, 0-06f), Mark Kehoe (1-01), Cian Darcy (0-02).

Subs used: Conor Stakelum for Nolan (47), Paddy Cadell for Connolly (49), David Gleeson for Darcy (54), Ray McCormack for English (60).

GALWAY: Eanna Murphy; Shane Bannon, Jack Fitzpatrick, Ian O’Shea; Fintan Burke, Andrew Greaney (0-01), Jack Grealish (1-00); Sean Loftus (0-02), Thomas Monaghan (0-03); Cianan Fahy, Patrick Foley, Brian Concannon (0-02); Kevin Cooney, Seán Bleahene (0-01), Evan Niland (0-06, 0-06f).

Subs used: Cian Salmon (0-01) for Foley (half-time), Darren Morrissey for O’Shea (half-time), Jack Coyne (0-01) for Cooney (39), Darragh Gilligan for Murphy (42), Jack Canning for Bleahene (45).

Referee: Sean Cleere (Kilkenny).