Fermanagh scored a sensational Ulster SFC semi-final victory over hot favourites Monaghan at Healy Park, with skipper Eoin Donnelly punching home a winning goal in stoppage time.

Donnelly moved to full forward in a final throw of the dice late on, with Monaghan looking like they had finally snuffed out the stubborn challenge that had frustrated them all afternoon.

But this sucker-punch sent shockwaves not just through Healy Park, but through the entire provincial championship as Rory Gallagher’s side stole in for a 1-8 to 0-10 success and a first final appearance in a decade.

Now Fermanagh feel they can win a first ever Ulster title when they face either Donegal or Down in the decider at Clones on June 24.

The news that their top scorer, Seamus Quigley, would not start, added a touch of intrigue to Fermanagh’s tactical approach, with Ciaran Corrigan coming into the side to offer greater mobility.

In front of a  crowd of 10,122, the Erne men played a possession game, always with options and players in support as they starved their opponents of the ball and worked patiently towards the scoring opportunity.

That opening appeared in the sixth minute, and Aidan Breen delivered, floating over a delightful opener.

Darren Hughes did get in at the other end, end, but his fisted effort came back off a post, and the normally unerring Rory Beggan missed a long range free.

Sean Quigley’s free double the Erne lead, and another Breen special, this time off his left foot, pushed Rory Gallagher’s side further ahead.

It was in the 17th minute that the Farney finally got on the scoreboard with a McManus free, but once again, the men in green moved forward in numbers, and two more Quigley frees made it 0-5 to 0-1 by the 28th minute.

Karl O’Connell began to find pockets of space to run into, and he did so highly effectively, winning the frees for McManus to dispatch.

A delightful touch from Kieran Hughes along the end line gave Fintan Kelly the chance to boot the loose ball between the posts, but a massive score from Conall Jones sent Fermanagh in with a 0-6 to 0-4 interval lead.

Monaghan began to win the battle for breaking ball that had been dominated by their opponents in the opening half, but it took them almost eight minutes to narrow the gap, a turnover around midfield sending Ryan McAnespie in to score.

A cagey, defensive contest was still showing no signs of opening up, but Monaghan were building against a tiring Erne side, and they went in front for the first time in the 59th minute when full-back Drew Wylie drove over an inspirational point.

A fifth converted free from McManus, who was well held by Che Cullen throughout, eased them two ahead, but substitute Tomas Corrigan kept Fermanagh ahead with a couple of difficult frees.

Monaghan had quality off the bench as well, with Colin Walshe hitting a fine score, and they led by two as the game slipped into stoppage time.

Then came the remarkable drama that shook Healy Park to its foundations, with Ryan Jones crossing from the right for Donnelly to rise and punch to the net.

Monaghan: R Beggan; K Duffy, D Wylie (0-02), R Wylie; D Mone, V Corey, F Kelly (0-01); K O’Connell, D Hughes; K Hughes, N Kearns, D Ward; R McAnespie (0-01), J McCarron, C McManus (0-05, 5f).

Subs: C McCarthy for Ward (41), D Malone for McCarron (41), C Walshe (0-01) for Kelly (50), O Duffy for K Hughes (54), C Boyle for Mone (63),  S Carey for Corey (BC, 73)

Fermanagh: P Cadden; K Connor, C Cullen, M Jones; B Mulrone, J McMahon, L Cullen; E Donnelly (1-00), R Jones; P McCusker, D McCusker, A Breen (0-02); Sean Quigley (0-03, 3f), C Jones (0-01), Ciaran Corrigan.

Subs: D Teague for M Jones (43), R Corrigan for P McCusker (50), T Corrigan (0-02, 2f) for Quigley (54), T Clarke for C Corrigan (59), R Lyons for C Jones (62),