Davy Fitzgerald's Wexford cruised to a big win in Tullamore to maintain an impressive 100 per cent record in the new look Leinster SHC.

Fresh from defeating Dublin in their opening game, last year's Leinster finalists steamrolled the Faithful in front of 6,186.

First-half goals from Conor McDonald, Aidan Nolan and Mark Fanning put the rampant Slaneysiders on their way.

And they sealed the 24-point win with third quarter goals from Lee Chin and Jack O'Connor.

Poor Offaly finished with just 12 men after dismissals for full-back Sean Gardiner, goalscorer Oisin Kelly and sub Ronan Hughes.

Kelly and Hughes walked for red card offences and will be suspended for next Sunday's crucial clash with Dublin at Parnell Park.

As for Wexford, the standard will rise significantly next Saturday evening when they welcome All-Ireland champions Galway to the south-east.

Wexford racked up a worrying 18 wides but still wrapped it up by half-time when they led 3-12 to 0-06 after a great start.

Kelly grabbed the opening score for Offaly just seconds into the contest.

But that was as good as it got for a side that went toe to toe with Kilkenny in their previous outing.

McDonald got the Wexford goal blitz under way after just two minutes and it was all purple and gold after that.

Paul Morris and Jack O'Connor added quick fire points and Offaly were already up against it.

Shane Dooley pulled a point back for the hosts but Wexford then reeled off 1-03 without reply.

Offaly's Sean Gardiner shown red card by referee James McGrath

The second goal came from Nolan and was a beauty as he controlled Simon Donohoe's clever pass before volleying home.

Wexford now led 2-05 to 0-02 and the writing was on the wall for an Offaly side that drafted in Brendan Murphy and Kevin Dunne for starts.

Shaun Murphy played his usual sweeper role for Wexford and got on plenty of ball but some of it was easily won.

Offaly were overrun in all quarters this time and were outscored by 1-07 to 0-02 from the 19th minute until half-time.

Goalkeeper Fanning fired their third goal from a penalty in the 34th minute after a foul on McDonald.

Gardiner was the culprit and the foul drew a second yellow card that reduced Offaly to 14 men.

Offaly fans in the subdued crowd watched their side suffer a humiliating third quarter.

Chin, moved in to corner-forward, sniped Wexford's fourth goal before playing in Jack O'Connor for their fifth.

Then came the red cards for Kelly and Hughes, both of whom were alleged to have struck by referee James McGrath.

There was some consolation at the death when Dooley soloed through and pinched a second goal.

Wexford: M Fanning 1-0, 1 pen; S Donohoe, L Ryan, D Reck 0-1; S Murphy; P Foley, M O'Hanlon, D O'Keeffe 0-1; K Foley 0-1, A Nolan 1-1; J O'Connor 1-3, L Chin 1-4, 0-4f; C McDonald 1-1, R O'Connor 0-7, 5f, P Morris 0-2.

Subs: C Firman for Donohoe 46, L Og McGovern for Morris 51, H Kehoe 0-3, 2f for R O'Connor 51, W Devereux for P Foley 54, D Dunne for Chin 64.

Offaly: E Cahill; P Delaney, S Gardiner, B Conneely; D O'Toole Greene, D Egan, P Camon; S Kinsella, D King; B Murphy, C Mahon, O Kelly 1-1; S Dooley 1-5, 5f, J Bergin 0-1, K Dunne 0-1.

Subs: C Egan for Mahon h/t, T Geraghty 0-1 for Murphy h/t, D Currams for Kinsella 43, P Rigney for Conneely 48, R Hughes for Bergin 54.

Referee: J McGrath (Westmeath).