Kilcoo (Down) 4-13 Maghery (Armagh) 0-12

Kilcoo thrashed first-time Armagh champions Maghery to coast into a first Ulster club SFC since 2012.

The five-in-a-row Down champions had way too much craft for 14-man Maghery whose inexperience at provincial level was badly exposed at Pairc Esler.

Kilcoo, still searching for a first Ulster crown, were good value for their win and looked set for victory once Ryan Johnston's stylish finish put them 1-8 to 0-3 ahead late in the first half.

Armagh captain Aidan Forker received a straight red card for Maghery before half-time which effectively killed the game as a contest.

The Magpies will take on 2014 Ulster champions Slaughtneil in the Ulster final on 27 November.

Conor Mackle scored the opening point of the game for Maghery in the fourth minute but it was one-way traffic after that.

Kilcoo's superiority was evident from the start and they scored five unanswered points between the sixth and the 15th minute.

Paul Devlin was on target from play and free-kicks, with livewire forward Conor Laverty winning a number of frees.

The home side had a strong wind at their backs and excellent kick-outs by Niall Kane enabled them to build a good platform from the middle third.

Ceilum Doherty and Eugene Branagan pointed before Johnston floated over a superb point on the run to put his team 0-05 to 0-01 ahead.

The damage could have been greater had Maghery goalkeeper Johnny Montgomery not rushed out to smother Doherty's goal-bound shot.

Forker converted two left-footed frees but Johnston's classy finish put Kilcoo 1-08 to 0-03 up in the 28th minute.

He turned his marker David Lavery and closed down on goal, drilling the ball across goal into the roof of the net.

As if things weren't bad enough for Maghery, they shot themselves in the foot before half-time.

After winning a free after Kilcoo's short kick-out went wrong, Forker ran in and pushed the defender in possession to the ground, sparking a minor scuffle.

When the dust settled, after some consultation with his umpires and linesman, referee Joe McQuillan showed Forker a straight red card.

With their regular left-footed free-taker now off the field, Stephen Cusack missed an easy chance to close the gap, with Kilcoo leading 1-08 to 0-04 at the break.

The Magpies sealed it with a second goal three minutes after the restart.

An unselfish pass from Laverty across goal was palmed home by Doherty.

Maghery improved in the third quarter but the closest they got was five points behind, trailing 2-08 to 0-09 after 44 minutes.

Two goals in a minute around the 49 minute mark put even greater distance between them on the scoreboard.

Kilcoo sub JJ McLoughlin found the net before Doherty grabbed his second goal, tapping home the rebound after Gary McEvoy's initial shot was parried.

Scorers: Kilcoo: C Doherty 2-01, R Johnston 1-03, P Devlin 0-04 (3f), JJ McLoughlin 1-00, E Branagan 0-01, M Devlin 0-01, A Morgan 0-01, D Kane 0-01 (f), Gerard McEvoy 0-01 (f)
Maghery: Stefan Forker 0-04 (2f), C Mackle 0-02, A Forker 0-02 (2f), N Forker 0-01, R Lappin 0-01, Seamus Forker 0-01 (f), B Crealey 0-01

Kilcoo: N Kane; N McEvoy, D O'Hanlon, N Branagan; D Branagan, E Branagan, Aaron Branagan; J McClean, F McGreevy; C Doherty, A Morgan, R Johnston; M Devlin, Paul Devlin, C Laverty
Subs: D Kane for E Branagan (HT), Gary McEvoy for M Devlin (45), JJ McLoughlin for N McEvoy (45), Gerard McEvoy for D Branagan (53), N Morgan for McGreevy (53), Patrick Devlin for Paul Devlin (56)

Maghery: J Montgomery; K Nugent, O Lappin, G Campbell; D Lavery, C Higgins, N Forker; J Lavery, B Crealey; E Scullion, C Mackle, Stefan Forker; R Lappin, A Forker, S Cusack
Subs: S Fox for Scullion (25), Seamus Forker for Mackle (40), P Forker for Campbell (40), S Tennyson for Laverty (51), J Lavery for Lappin (53)

Referee: Joe McQuillan (Cavan)