Slaughtneil created history when they became the first Derry club in history to claim the Ulster SHC title.

They beat two-time All-Ireland champions Loughgiel of Antrim in the decider at Armagh’s Athletic Grounds.

This remarkable club now have the chance of doing an Ulster double, with their footballers due to start their provincial campaign against Derrygonnelly Harps of Fermanagh on Sunday, October 30.

At one stage it looked as though they were on the way to an easy win as they pushed into a six-point lead with ten minutes to go, but the Antrim men did make them work for it and they final score was 2-14 to 1-13.

Former Aussie Rules player Chrissy McKaigue captained the team and he'll also be a key part of the footballers' push for Ulster glory.

Cluainin Iomaint gained revenge over Carrick for their 2014 Leitrim SHC final defeat to take the title.

In a low-scoring affair between the two clubs that have dominated hurling in the county for the past decade, they came out on top by five-points in Pairc Sean Mac Diarmada to win 0-14 to 1-06.

Most of the attention of Mayo GAA fans would have been on the football semi-finals in Castlebar, but the hurling final was also on in Tooreen.

And they’ll have to do it again as fierce local rivals Ballyhaunis, the home club of three-time football All Star Keith Higgins, and Tooreen played out an entertaining draw. It finished Ballyhaunis 1-15, Tooreen 2-12.

Kiltale made it a three in-a-row of Meath senior hurling titles when they edged out Killyon at Pairc Tailteann.

Royal County star Jack Regan didn’t start due to injury, but he came on with less than five minutes to go and registered what would prove to be the match-winning free deep into injury time.

Killyon were in this game right until the end, in fact they led coming into the final stretch, but they were unable to hold on and Kiltale took it on a 0-17 to 1-13 scoreline.

Over the border in Westmeath Raharney won their 13th senior title by beating holders Clonkill 2-18 to 0-13.

They only scored twice in the first half, trailing by 1-07 to 0-02 at the break, but in a remarkable second half they rattled off 2-16 with the wind at their backs while conceding only six points in reply.

Bray came out on top in the battle of the Emmets in Wicklow, beating Carnew by a comfortable eleven points.

Winning captain Christy Moorehouse led his team by example, picking up the man of the match award as well as the cup at the end of the game.