Limerick 1-18 Dublin 0-15

Brian Ryan's 10-point haul proved decisive at Croke Park as brave Limerick bounced back from their Munster championship heartache to secure an All-Ireland minor hurling final spot.

The Shannonsiders were hammered by Tipperary in the provincial decider but have seized their second chance and could yet face Tipp again in an ironic All-Ireland final next month.

Limerick will play the winners of next weekend's second semi-final between Tipperary and Galway on September 4 and won't lack motivation if it is the Premier County they meet again.

Dublin came into the contest as Leinster champions after beating Wexford, but trailed from gun to tape despite a spirited second-half performance.

Limerick, beaten by Kilkenny in the final two years ago, led by 10 points at one stage in the first-half and were nine ahead at the break.

But Dublin dominated the second-half and reduced their arrears to four points with six minutes to go.

Johnny McGuirk's side couldn't get any closer than that though and sub Jack O'Neill was dismissed for his second yellow card offence in injury-time.

Limerick burst out of the traps and roared into a 1-06 to 0-01 lead after just 20 minutes.

They scored the first four points of the game and Cian Magnier-Flynn netted in the 13th minute when he flicked home from a long Ryan free in from the right wing.

Dublin fancied their chances of at least making the final this year after winning the Leinster title though trailed 1-13 to 0-7 at half-time.

Limerick were completely in control and also had point scorers in Anthony Barrett and Conor Boylan, while Kyle Hayes opened and closed the first-half scoring for them.

Dublin were far more focused in the second-half and dominated the half hour, outscoring Limerick by 0-08 to 0-05 in that period.

Colin Currie consistently punished slack Limerick defending and Dublin got it back to 1-16 to 0-15 after 54 minutes.

They needed a goal though and a number of efforts were thwarted, while Ryan took his tally to 0-10 for the day with two late free conversions that settled Limerick's nerves.

LIMERICK: M O'Kelly (0-01, 0-01f); B Nash, R Connelly, C Nicholas; F Hourigan (0-01), J Boylan, J Adams; M O'Grady, D Carroll; C Boylan (0-02), A Barrett (0-01), B Ryan (0-10, 0-08f); C Magnier-Flynn (1-01), K Hayes (0-02), C O'Connor.

Subs used: J Flynn for Carroll (46), D Woulfe for Barrett (49), P O'Riordan for Magnier-Flynn (58), M Bourke for O'Grady (61).

DUBLIN: D de Poire; D Hawkshaw, P Smyth, D Ryan; J McVeigh, C O'Sullivan, E Foley (0-01); C Ryan, D Keogh; C Burke, C Dowling (0-02), D Burke (0-01); C Currie (0-08, 0-06f, 0-02 65), J McGuirk (0-02, 0-01f), R Hayes.

Subs used: J Walsh for Hayes (h/t), D Gray (0-01) for Keogh (h/t), J O'Neill for McVeigh (48), P Feeney for Currie (49), S Currie for McGuirk (54).

Referee: J Heffernan (Wexford).