Dublin 2-19 Westmeath 0-10

A familiar second-half onslaught from Dublin at Croke Park eased the All-Ireland holders to a six-in-a-row of Leinster senior football titles, the first time they've achieved that feat since 1979.

Jim Gavin's red hot favourites led by just one point at half-time but came storming into the game after the break, outscoring Westmeath by 2-12 to 0-04 to win at their leisure.

Dublin similarly shook off a lethargic opening against Meath in the semi-finals to come good in the second-half and were even better this time, opening up with some thrilling football.

It remains to be seen if Dublin's comfortable passage through their province will count against them in the All-Ireland series but they will feel they can do little more than they are doing.

Bernard Brogan was taken off in Dublin's previous games against Meath and Laois but impressed with 1-4 while free-taker Dean Rock once again led the way with an eight-point haul.

Wing-back John Small had a strong game while there were cameos around the field from Brian Fenton, goal scorer Kevin McManamon and Diarmuid Connolly.

Experienced Connolly may count himself lucky for avoiding a black card dismissal after hauling Westmeath's James Dolan to the ground late in the first-half, an incident that led to a large melee and eventually to both players being booked.

The game was tight at that stage with Westmeath setting up defensively, like last year's final, and holding Dublin until half-time when they trailed by 0-07 to 0-06.

John Heslin scored three points from frees for Westmeath and midfielder Ger Egan clipped two early on.

Dean Rock kept Dublin in touch with four converted frees but the sense that they could go up another couple of gears was strong.

They duly upped the ante after the restart with three points in a row to signal their appetite for destruction.

Heslin hit back with a Westmeath score but Dublin hit the gas again and reeled off seven points without reply before slamming in their first goal in the 58th minute.

Brogan got that though it was a great move involving Paddy Andrews, Jonny Cooper and Fenton that led to the All Star palming in from close range.

McManamon got Dublin's second goal in the 69th minute and it was worth waiting for as he ran onto sub Paul Mannion's pop pass and blasted the ball into the right corner of Westmeath's net.

Dublin progress to an All-Ireland quarter-final while Tom Cribbin's Lake County will have an opportunity to atone when they meet Cork or Mayo in Round 4 of the qualifiers.

Dublin: S Cluxton; J Cooper, P McMahon, David Byrne; J Small (0-01), C O'Sullivan, E Lowndes; B Fenton, MD Macauley; P Flynn (0-01), C Kilkenny, D Connolly (0-01); K McManamon (1-02), D Rock (0-08, 0-07f), B Brogan (1-04).
Subs: P Andrews (0-02) for Lowndes (h/t), C O'Callaghan for Macauley (48), D Bastick for Connolly (52), D Daly for Small (56), M Fitzsimons for O'Sullivan (60), P Mannion for Rock (63).

Westmeath: D Quinn; K Daly, A Stone, J Gonoud; K Maguire, J Dolan, D Lynch; D Corroon (0-01), G Egan (0-02); F Boyle, P Sharry, R Connellan; K Martin, J Heslin (0-06, 0-05f), C McCormack (0-01).
Subs: D Daly for Connellan (35), S Corcoran for Lynch (53), S Duncan for Daly (55), J Connellan for Martin (59), R Gorman for Maguire (60), D McNicholas for Sharry (65).

Referee: F Kelly (Longford).