Armagh 1-10 Fermanagh 0-12

A dramatic stoppage-time winner from Stefan Campbell breathed new life into Armagh's league campaign as they beat Fermanagh 1-10 to 0-12, boosting their prospects of staying in Division Two of the Allianz Football League.

Tomas Corrigan thought he had salvaged a draw for Fermanagh and raised his arms in the air when he converted a long-range free in the third minute of injury time at the Athletic Grounds.

But there was still time for one last attack and Campbell, who top-scored with 1-05 including the all-important goal in the 15thminute, stepped forward and hit a courageous point from 40 metres to secure a precious first win of the campaign for Kieran McGeeney's side.

The game was marred by some late hits and poor tackles which went unpunished, and a half-time scuffle was bad-tempered and unnecessary.

Referee Cormac Reilly became the central figure, but the match was saved as a spectacle in a dramatic finish, with Armagh outscoring Fermanagh 0-04 to 0-02 in an exciting finish.

Armagh started and finished the game very well and showed a lot of character to dig out what could be a vital win come the end of an ultra competitive division.

They coasted into a 1-03 to 0-01 lead after 15 minutes.

Colm Watters and Niall Grimley scored quality long-range points for Armagh in the early stages before Campbell pounced, gathering Micheal McKenna's long ball in and rolled the defender, drilling the ball low with his left foot across goal into the far corner.

Sean Quigley's sixth-minute free was all Fermanagh had to show for their early efforts but they slowly warmed to the task and outscored the home side by 0-05 to 0-02 before the break.

Tomas Corrigan and Quigley nailed frees before Ruairi Corrigan hit their first from play, a well-worked score after 24 minutes.

Quigley almost grabbed an equalising goal for the Erne men, his fisted shot crashing off the crossbar.

The impressive Michael McKenna scored from play but Fermanagh responded with the last two points of the half to leave them trailing 1-05 to 0-06.

A row involving up to 20 players erupted in the wake of Tony Kernan's black card for tripping Quigley. Tempers rose as referee Cormac Reilly blew the half-time whistle and the row continued as the players made their way down the tunnel.

Reilly took little action apart from booking Aidan Forker and James McMahon before the second half started.

Aidan Breen, who sparkled for Fermanagh, and Tomas Corrigan drew the Ernesiders level after 43 minutes.

Micheal McKenna, who along with Campbell led the Armagh attack, ended a 22-minute scoring drought for his team to restore their lead.

A Quigley free and a superb point from near the sideline from Breen put Fermanagh ahead for the first time after 53 minutes.

Armagh rallied through scores from twin threats Campbell and McKenna and while Tomas Corrigan levelled it again, Campbell hit his first from play to nudge Armagh ahead 1-09 to 0-11.

Corrigan thumped over a long-range free which looked right at the edge of his range and thought that he had rescued a point for his side, before Campbell pounced at the death.

S Campbell 1-05 (3f), M McKenna 0-03, N Grimley, C Watters 0-01 each

Fermanagh: T Corrigan 0-05 (3f), S Quigley 0-03 (3f), A Breen 0-02, R Corrigan 0-01, P Rehill 0-01

ARMAGH: M McNeice; S Heffron, C Vernon, A Mallon; S Forker, A Forker, M Shields; A Findon, N Grimley; S Campbell, M McKenna, S Connell; C Watters, C O'Hanlon, A Murnin.
Subs: G McParland for Murnin (20), T Kernan for O'Hanlon (21), N McConville for Kernan (BC, 35), J Morgan for Watters (BC, 44), J McElroy for Grimley (55), J Feeney for McConville (63).

FERMANAGH: C Snow; M Jones, C Cullen, N Cassidy; P Rehill, J McMahon, A Breen; E Donnelly, D Kelly; B Mulrone, R Jones, K Connor; R Corrigan, S Quigley, T Corrigan.
Subs: R O'Callaghan for Kelly (55), P McGovern for Rehill (58), D Teague for Connor (63), E McManus for R Corrigan (68).

REFEREE: Cormac Reilly (Meath).