There were wins for Galway, Dublin, Laois, IT Carlow and Wexford in the Walsh Cup.

Galway got off to a winning start under new manager Micheál Donoghue with a 1-16 to 0-17 win over DCU at Duggan Park, Ballinasloe.

The hosts were reduced to 14 men in the opening half, after a second yellow card for David Burke, but led by 1-06 to 0-04 at the break, with Joe Canning netting their goal.

Galway opened up a double scores lead on a 1-11 to 0-07 scoreline with 20 minutes remaining, and although DCU outscored their opponents by 0-10 to 0-05 over the remainder of the contest, the Tribesmen claimed victory.

Paul Ryan scored 1-10 as Dublin claimed a 3-25 to 1-17 win over Antrim in DCU.

Ryan’s fourth-minute goal gave the hosts an early springboard, but Eddie McCloskey netted for Antrim.

The sides were level on four occasions in the opening half, but Dublin led 1-11 to 1-10 at the break.

However, second half goals from Sean O’Reilly [1-01] and Eamon Dillon [1-03] provided the platform for a Dublin win.

In the same group, Laois were 1-19 to 0-17 winners over UCD in Heywood Community School.

The sides were tied at 1-08 to 0-11 at half-time, with Eoghan Fennelly netting the hosts goal.

IT Carlow recorded a 2-15 to 0-14 win over Carlow at Netwatch Cullen Park.

IT Carlow led by 1-10 to 0-07 at half-time, and kept in front in the second half, with Martin Kavanagh netting the students second goal.

Wexford were 3-18 to 2-07 winners over Meath in Páirc Tailteann. Meath made a strong start, with an early goal helping them to a 1-02 to 0-03 lead after six minutes.

Wexford worked hard and held a 0-12 to 1-04 half-time advantage, with Ian Byrne scoring seven first half points, including six from frees.

The visitors may have held a five-point interval lead, but they would have been further ahead but for the excellent display of Meath goalkeeper Shane McGann.

Meath cut the gap to three points with a brace of James Toher points, but goals from Ian Byrne with a penalty on 49 minutes and Harry Kehoe saw Wexford push 2-14 to 1-06 ahead entering the final quarter.

A kicked Ciaran Fitzsimons goal saw Meath cut the deficit to six points with nine minutes remaining, however Wexford were clinical and fired another goal to take a 14-point win.