Castlebar Mitchels (Mayo) 2-10 Corofin (Galway) 0-11

Castlebar Mitchels reclaimed the Connacht senior club title when defeating All-Ireland champions Corofin at Tuam Stadium.

Inspired by midfielder Barry Moran, who contributed 1-02,the Mayo champions landed the blows that mattered midway through the second half.

Neil Douglas' 45th-minute goal proved to be the decisive score on an afternoon in which Castlebar delivered a dynamic display.

Corofin made a smart start as Kieran Fitzgerald and Martin Farragher hit splendid scores before Castlebar Mitchels enjoyed a hugely productive burst.

The underdogs, inspired by Moran, came roaring back, reeling off 1-03 without reply in a productive 11-minute spell.

Moran's midfield enterprise was evident as Mitchels put Corofin under significant pressure.

Neil Lydon kicked a seventh-minute point and then Castlebar pounced for a delightful goal.

Danny Kirby expertly gathered possession to feed Moran, who lashed home a brilliant effort.

Subsequent points from Neil Douglas and Moran ensured Castlebar led 1-03 to 0-02 after 18 minutes as the match continued at a decent pace.

Two Gary Sice frees were followed by a Ronan Steede point as Corofin narrowed the gap again, but Castlebar remained defiant.

Excellent efforts from Shane Hopkins and Eoghan O'Reilly (free) edged Castlebar two clear as the interval approached.

But Corofin finished the half strongly as Ian Burke and Martin Farragher (free) pointed as the teams departed level, 1-05 to 0-08 at the interval.

It was similarly fast and frenetic after the restart as Douglas and Dylan Wall swapped scores with Corofin boosted by the introduction of All-Star hurler Daithi Burke.

Moran, though, was the dominant performer on view, and he set up another goal by Douglas in the 45th minute.

Trailing by 2-08 to 0-10 Corofin's cause was damaged by the 50th-minute dismissal of Martin Farragher for a second bookable offence.

Castlebar Mitchels: R Byrne; T Cunniffe, D Newcombe, A Feeney; R O’Malley, E O’Reilly (0-01, f), P Durcan; G McDonagh, B Moran (1-02); S Hopkins (0-01), N Lydon (0-01), N Douglas (1-03, 1f); C Costello, D Kirby, R Feeney (0-01).

Subs: A Walsh for McDonagh (35 mins), J Durcan for Costello (38 mins), F Durkin for Hopkins (44 mins), S Conlon for Newcombe (46 mins), S Keane (0-1) for Lydon (50 mins, black card), R Burke for R Feeney (60 mins)

Corofin: T Healy; L Silke, K Fitzgerald (0-01), C McGrath; C Cunningham, P Kelly, A Burke; G Higgins, R Steede (0-01); G Sice (0-03, 3fs), Michael Farragher, D Wall (0-01); Martin Farragher (0-04, 2fs) , M Lundy, I Burke (0-01).

Subs: D Burke for Higgins (34 mins), C Silke for McGrath (46 mins), K Molloy for Cunningham (46 mins), J Leonard for Lundy (55 mins, black card)

Referee: E O’Grady (Leitrim)