Scotstown (Monaghan) 2-09 2-07 Trillick (Tyrone)

Scotstown will face Crossmaglen in the Ulster Club SFC final following their 2-9 to 2-7 win over Trillick at Brewster Park.

The Monaghan men edged out the Tyrone champions in a dogged but entertaining contest played out in front of a crowd of almost 4,000 at the Enniskillen venue.

Daniel McDonnell’s 17th-minute goal gave Trillick a brief lead, cancelled out by Darren Hughes' strike three minutes later.

The Monaghan men led by 1-5 to 1-4 at the interval, and Hughes’ second goal was followed by a Trillick major from Niall Gormley.

The final quarter produced just one score, a clinching point from Scotstown goalkeeper Rory Beggan, who converted a 48-metre free in stoppage time.

The Farney men eased two points ahead with scores from Beggan, who converted a 45-metre free, and Conor McCarthy.

Trillick struck for a goal in the 15th minute when Mattie Donnelly’s defence-splitting pass sent wing-back Daniel McDonnell in for a tidy finish, but that was cancelled out three minutes later when Darren Hughes punched home at the far post from his brother Kieran’s dropping delivery.

The Tyrone men responded in positive fashion, midfielder Eoin Gormley popping over a couple of scores, but in stoppage time, Shane Carey curled over a free to send Scotstown in with a 1-5 to 1-4 lead.

And they forged further ahead in the opening stages of the second half with a 1-1 salvo from Darren Hughes.

He displayed alerteness to collect the rebound from McCarthy’s effort which came off a post and bury his shot past Joe Maguire.

But once again the Reds responded in emphatic fashion, Niall Gormley darting through a gap in the cover to fire a low shot to the corner of the net less than a minute later.

And in the space of a few seconds, a five-point deficit had been trimmed back to one by Daire Gallagher.

Each side enjoyed their spells of supremacy, with Scotstown easing three ahead through Orin Heaphy, before Richie Donnelly and Niall Gormley hit the target.

With ten minutes to play, just a point separated the sides, but Trillick failed to score in the closing 20 minutes, while their opponents managed just one point, that long-range free from Beggan in stoppage time.

Scotstown: R Beggan (0-2, 2f), D McArdle, E Caulfield, B McGinnity, M Duffy, K Hughes, F McPhillips, F Caulfield, J Turley, O Heaphy (0-2), D Morgan, C McCarthy (0-1), S Carey (0-2, 2f), D Hughes (2-2), R McKenna.

Subs: B Boylan for McGinnity, D McCague for McKenna, D McCrudden for Heaphey

Trillick: J Maguire, S O’Donnell, R Kelly, D Kelly, N Donnelly (0-01), R Brennan, D McDonnell (1-00), R Donnelly (0-01), E Gormley (0-02), M Donnelly, P O’Kane, S Kelly, N Gormley (1-1), L Brennan (0-1, f), D Gallagher (0-1).

Subs: S Gormley for S Kelly, R Gray for Gallagher

Referee: C Branagan (Down).