St Mary's 2-06 Corofin 4-14

All Ireland champions Corofin advanced to the Connacht club decider following this assured win over St Mary's at Markievicz Park.

Martin Farragher was the star for Corofin scoring 3-02 as the rampant Galway were convincing victors in the north west.

Corofin seized the initiative early on pouncing for two opportunistic goals in the opening 12 minutes as St Mary's struggled to deal with Stephen Rochford's team.

Three minutes had elapsed when Micheal Lundy was fouled in the square by Jonathan Martyn and referee Liam Devenney awarded a penalty.

Lundy's conversion was ice cool, while Ronan Steede and Gary Sice also added points for a dominant Corofin outfit.

In the 12th minute Corofin pounced for a second goal as Steede, Ian Burke, and Jason Leonard were all involved before Martin Farragher rattled the St Mary's net.

A Leonard point on 14 edged Corofin 2-03 to 0-00 clear as St Mary's were being put under severe duress by the excellent visitors'.

St Mary's trimmed the deficit when Kyle Cawley flicked an 18th minute goal, while Barry Guinan, Dylan Kilgallon, and Mark Breheny added further scores.

Still when the interval rolled around Corofin were content to depart with a healthy 2-06 to 1-03 advantage.

Lundy continued to impress for Corofin after the restart as Mary's battled admirably to stay in contention.

Corofin did provide glimpses of their class in attack with Lundy and Martin Farragher kicking some excellent scores as they led 2-10 to 1-04 at the three quarter mark.

Martin Farragher slammed a third Corofin goal in the 48th minute following a Fintan Ruddy save from Ian Burke.

Five minutes from the end Martin Farragher completed his hat-trick before Rory Guinan pinched a consolation on 57 for St Mary's. 

Corofin: T Healy; L Silke (0-01), P Kelly, K Fitzgerald; C McGrath, C Cunningham, A Burke; Michael Farragher, R Steede (0-02); G Sice (0-01, f), D Wall, J Leonard (0-1); Martin Farragher (3-02, 1f), M Lundy (1-03), I Burke (0-04). Subs: G Higgins for A Burke (31 mins), B O’Donovan for Leonard (37 mins), C Silke for Kelly (48 mins), K Molloy for McGrath (51 mins), S Monaghan for I Burke (53 mins), J Burke for Sice (55 mins) 

St Mary’s: F Ruddy; S Keenan, J Martyn, L Henry; N McManus, J Davey, G O’Kelly-Lynch; M Butler, B Smith; M Breheny (0-02, 2fs), R Guinan (1-02, 2fs), C Egan (0-01); D Kilgallon (0-01), S Coen, K Cawley (1-00). Subs: C Breheny for Cawley (31 mins), J Lynch for McManus (40 mins), P Kilcoyne for Smith (55 mins), N Rooney for Kilgallon (58 mins), C Kelly for C Breheny (59 mins). 

Referee: L Devenney (Mayo).