Ballyboden St Enda's 2-08 St Vincent's 0-10

Veteran forward Andrew Kerin hit the crucial goals as Ballyboden St Enda's stole an unlikely Dublin SFC title success over back-to-back Leinster champions St Vincent's.

The south-side outfit raced into an eight-point lead after a great start and didn't look back, moving 10 clear at one stage early in the second-half and holding on.

Kerin's goals were crucial strikes, the first putting them into that eight-point advantage and the second effectively putting the game beyond stunned Vincent's in the 34th minute.

Vins did recover and actually outscored 'Boden in the second-half, thanks mainly to a succession of Tomás Quinn points from frees, thought they'd simply left themselves too much to do.

Ballyboden have little time to celebrate their first title success since 2009 though as they face St Pat's of Louth in Drogheda next Sunday in the Leinster club championship.

Vins came into the contest as hot favourites to become the first team since Na Fianna in 2001 to collect three titles in a row.

They'd oozed calm and class in previous rounds with impressive wins over Lucan Sarsfields in the quarter-finals and Na Fianna last weekend.

But the favourites tag appeared to weigh heavily on the shoulders of the back to back Leinster champions as they stuttered and stumbled for most of the opening half.

With 21 minutes on the clock, Vins had yet to score and had registered seven wides with big guns Diarmuid Connolly and Quinn responsible for four of those.

Ballyboden, in turn, were dynamic in all sectors, starting with goalkeeper Paul Durcan, the All-Ireland winning Donegal stopper, who directed some excellent kick outs and had a superb game.

By the time Vins eventually scored, 'Boden had put 1-5 on the board with Kerin supplying 1-1 of that tally.

The veteran corner-forward is best known as a placed ball specialist but took his 14th minute goal well when he palmed in from close range after Colm Basquel's ball across.

The Basquels, Ryan and Colm, kicked three early points between them while Darren O'Reilly was influential too and split the posts with a cracker.

Gavin Burke hit Vins' first point in the 22nd minute and Quinn added another from a free before a Ruairi Trainor point but they still trailed heavily at half-time, 1-7 to 0-3.

Vins' bad day turned disastrous when Kerin snatched his second goal from a 34th minute penalty.

Conal Keaney won the spot kick when he raced clear onto a clever quick free from Michael Darragh Macauley and was hauled down by Michael Concarr.

Leading now by 2-7 to 0-3, it was Ballyboden's game to lose but with a 10-point advantage they were simply too far ahead.

With 20 minutes to go, Vins were already going for goals but couldn't conjure any and Durcan denied Trainor on one occasion with a brilliant flying save.

Quinns battled gamely and Quinn kicked four frees in a row but that was as good as it got for them.

Ballyboden St Enda's: P Durcan; S Hiney, S Clayton, S O'Connor; D Nelson, B Dwan, A Waters (0-01); MD Macauley, D O'Mahoney; D O'Reilly (0-01), R Basquel (0-03), S Gibbons; C Basquel (0-01), C Keaney (0-01), A Kerin (2-01, 1-0pen, 0-01f).

Subs: D McCabe for O'Mahoney, D Davy for R Basquel, R McDaid for Gibbons, D O'Callaghan for C Basquel, S Moloney for O'Reilly, S Durkin for Waters.

St Vincent's: M Savage; M Concarr, J Curley, H Gill; B Egan, G Brennan, N Mullins; D Murphy, S Carthy (0-01); G Burke (0-01), D Connolly, Cormac Diamond; R Trainor (0-02), C Dorney, T Quinn (0-06, 0-06f).

Subs: K Golden for Murphy, J Feeney for Dorney, Cameron Diamond for Burke, C Wilson for Egan (black card),

Referee: Barry Tiernan.