Fermanagh 1-13 Antrim 0-08

Fermanagh secured their first win in the Ulster SFC since 2010 after beating 14-man Antrim at Brewster Park.

Pete McGrath's side only led by two points, 0-10 to 0-08, with ten minutes remaining but kicked an unanswered 1-03 in a strong finish.

Sean Quigley converted an injury-time penalty, after a foul on Daniel Kille, with the last kick of the game to give a one-sided look to the scoreboard but Fermanagh were deserving winners.

Any hopes of a decent contest disappeared once Antrim were reduced to 14 men in the 31st minute, following Sean McVeigh's straight red card dismissal for a high elbow challenge on Ciaran Flaherty.

In an error-strewn first half, Fermanagh also lost two key players to injury, Ruairi Corrigan and Ryan McCluskey.

Erne captain Ryan Jones kicked two points from play in the first half with five of Fermanagh's six points coming from play.

Tomas Corrigan and Jones opened the scoring before Ryan Murray got Antrim on the scoreoard in the seventh minute.

Kieran McGourty, a late replacement in the starting team for his brother CJ, got Antrim back level in the 13th minute.

Flaherty and Jones pushed Fermanagh clear again before CJ McGourty, who came on the field after 25 minutes, kicked the first of two first-half frees to reduce the gap to a point.

McVeigh, named at fullback but playing at midfield, had been playing well before his dismissal and Fermanagh capitalised immediately on having a man advantage.

The influential Barry Mulrone got on the end of a poor Antrim kickout to put the home side three points clear before McGourty's free made it 0-06 to 0-04 at the interval.

Quigley and CJ McGourty swapped frees in an edgy start to the second half before Jones lit up a dull game with a superb score from distance, his third of the afternoon and the best of the game.

Another Quigley free put Fermanagh 0-09 to 0-05 ahead after 49 minutes, without having played well.

The pace of the game didn't pick up but CJ McGourty's accuracy from frees was becoming a telling factor. He hit three in a seven-minute spell with Mulrone's point on the break the sole respite for Fermanagh.

McGourty brought Antrim to within two points, at 0-10 to 0-08, after 60 minutes but points from Paul McCusker, sub Daniel Kille and another Quigley free pushed Fermanagh five clear.

Kille should have scored a goal in injury-time or passed to Marty O'Brien, but he was fouled in the square by Niall Delargy and Quigley stepped up to bury the penalty.

Fermanagh go through, but will need vast improvement for an Ulster semi-final with Monaghan on 21 June.

Scorers for Fermanagh – S Quigley 1-04 (4f, 1pen), R Jones 0-03, B Mulrone 0-02, C Flaherty, T Corrigan, P McCusker, D Kille 0-1 each

Scorers for Antrim – CJ McGourty 0-06 (6f), K McGourty 0-01, R Murray 0-01

FERMANAGH: C Snow; M Jones, N Cassidy, M O'Brien; D McCusker, R McCluskey, J McMahon; R Jones, R O'Callaghan; B Mulrone, C Flaherty, P McCusker; T Corrigan, S Quigley, R Corrigan

Subs: D Kille for R Corrigan (22), A Breen for McCluskey (30)

ANTRIM: C Kerr; R Johnson, S McVeigh, C Burke; J Crozier, T Scullion, N Delargy; C Murray, M Sweeney; J Laverty, O Gallagher, P McBride; K McGourty, M Pollock, R Murray

Subs: CJ McGourty for Pollock (25), D Lynch for Gallagher (HT), J Dowling for McBride (HT), C Duffin for R Johnson (53), N O'Neill for Sweeney (62), D McAleese for R Murray (62)

REFEREE: Maurice Deegan (Laois)