Ryan Gaffney bagged 0-08 for Armagh in their 1-19 to 1-12 win over Donegal at the Athletic Grounds.

The Orchard County never trailed this game as they held out for an impressive seven-point victory to book their place in the final for the fourth time, and first decider since 2012.

The sides were well matched in the opening stages and were level on two occasions before a point from Armagh captain John Corvan pushed the hosts into a lead they wouldn’t relinquish.

Corvan was also involved in Armagh’s only goal which helped his side to a 1-03 to 0-02 lead soon after laying off a long ball before Eoin McGuinness finished to the net.

A brace of Ciaran Matthewson points cut the gap to two points but Armagh kicked on thanks to the efforts of McGuinness, Gaffney and Martin Moan to take a 1-07 to 0-04 lead after 30 minutes.

Conor Corvan was also in excellent form and added two points as Armagh took a 1-09 to 0-05 interval lead.

Matthewson and Gaffney traded points early on the restart and although Armagh held a 1-11 to 0-06 lead, a Ronan McDermott goal cut the gap to five points ten minutes after the restart.

McDermott further reduced Donegal’s deficit but Armagh steadied the ship with Ciaran Clifford putting in an excellent block and Gaffney converting a free at the opposite end.

Armagh pushed seven points clear and although Donegal fought back with efforts from Matthewson and Paul Sheridan, Armagh kept on top until the finish.

The final will rekindle memories of the 2007 decider, which saw Roscommon beat Armagh by two points after the Connacht outfit set up a repeat pairing with a 1-16 to 0-14 win over Tyrone in Carrickmore.

Roscommon were impressive as they shook off the challenge of a determined home side.

Tyrone opened the scoring with a Damien Casey pointed free but once a brace of Jerry Fallon points put Roscommon ahead, his side weren't to trail this game.

Fallon, Cillian Egan, Ronan O’Meara and Adrian Murphy helped Roscommon to a 0-07 to 0-02 lead before Tyrone launched a comeback.

Gerard Gilmore broke their barren spell on the score-board with Matthew Mulgrew and Conor Grogan helping to cut the gap to two points.

Fallon pushed Roscommon three points clear but Casey worked hard for The Red Hands and delivered three unanswered points to tie the game at 0-09 each at the interval.

Roscommon worked hard in the second half and fired 1-02 unanswered early after the restart, including an Adrian Murphy goal.

Murphy’s three-pointer provided daylight between the sides for the remainder of the contest despite the efforts of Casey, Sean Óg Grogan and Gilmore for the hosts.

Tyrone cut the gap to two points late on, but Roscommon snatched the final point on the way to a five-point victory.

Meanwhile, Longford are guaranteed to be in the Nicky Rackard Cup next year after a 2-20 to 2-16 win over Louth after extra-time in St Loman’s GAA Club in Mullingar.

Little separated the sides throughout this contest, with the counties tied at half-time in normal time at 0-08 to 1-05, with Liam Dwan netting the Louth goal after just five minutes.

Longford pushed 0-13 to 1-07 in front thanks to a trio of Joe O’Brien points early in the second half and held onto a three-point lead with five minutes left on the clock.

However, Louth dug deep to secure extra-time on a 1-12 to 0-15 score-line.

Dwan netted his side's second goal in the second half of extra-time from a penalty but it wasn’t enough as Longford dug deep for victory.

Louth still have a further chance to maintain their Nicky Rackard Cup status, as they await a play-off against the Lory Meagher Cup champions on 16 June.