Thurles Sarsfields (Tipperary) were too good for De Le Salle (Waterford) in Pairc Ui Chaoimh, winning the Munster Club SHC final 1-21 to 1-16.

Jim Corbett scored Sarsfield’s goal after four minutes, while Paudie Nevin scored the three-pointer for De La Salle.

The beaten Waterford side were up against it following John Keane’s second-half sending-off and were unable to peg their opponents back, having trailed 1-11 to 1-09 at the break.

The Leinster Club SHC semi-final between Oulart the Ballagh (Wexford) and Ballyhale Shamrocks (Kilkenny) was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at Wexford Park.

The waterlogged pitch at Wexford Park

Senan Kilbride weighed in with the crucial goal for St Brigid’s (Roscommon) as they saw off the challenge of Ballaghaderreen (Mayo) at Elvery MacHale Park to win the Connacht Club SFC final by 1-12 to 0-06.

The victory makes it three titles in-a-row for the Roscommon men.

Brigid’s led 0-06 to 0-05 at the interval.

St Brigid's Frankie Dolan and Senan Killbride celebrate the latter's goal

In the Leinster Club SFC semi-finals, Portlaoise (Laois) and Ballymun Kickhams (Dublin) booked their passages into the decider.

Portlaoise overcame Emmet Og Killoe (Longford) 1-11 to 2-05 at O'Moore Park.

Emmet Og got a first-half goal through Ronan McGoldrick; however, they still trailed 0-06 to 1-02 at the interval.

The Longford team briefly took a 1-04 to 1-02 lead through a Seanie McCormark free early in the second period, before Brian Smith put Portlaoise back in front with a goal.

Joe McCormack of Emmet Og Killoe and Brian Smith of Portlaoise

Emmet Og came back with their second goal, scored by Simon Kiernan. But Portlaoise saw the game home with Adrian Kelly and Brian McCormack among the point scorers.

Ballymun Kickhams came home 1-08 to 0-05 winners over Sarsfields (Kildare). 

James McCarthy was on target for Ballymun early on as they dominated Sarsfields. A late first-half point from Alan Smith kept the Kildare team in touch 0-05 to 0-02 at the break.

Ballymun Kickhams' Ted Furman celebrates his goal

But a Ted Furman goal for Ballymun, allied to two points from Dean Rock, and a score from captain Davy Byrne, proved enough for Kickhams.



Munster Club SHC final

Thurles Sarsfields (Tipperary) 1-21 De La Salle (Waterford) 1-16

AIB Leinster Club SHC semi-final

POSTPONED: Oulart the Ballagh (Wexford) v Ballyhale Shamrocks (Kilkenny)


Connacht Club SFC final

St Brigid’s (Roscommon) 1-12 Ballaghaderreen (Mayo) 0-06

Leinster Club SFC semi-finals

Ballymun Kickhams (Dublin) 1-08 Newbridge Sarsfields (Kildare) 0-05

Portlaoise (Laois) 1-11 Emmet Og Killoe (Longford) 2-05