A round up of today's club final action.


Shane Durkin and David Curtin were outstanding as Ballyboden St Enda's claimed back-to-back Dublin SHC titles at Parnell Park this afternoon.

Crokes were aiming to become the first side since St Vincent's in 1981 to capture both the senior football and hurling titles in the same year.

But they were put in their place by a hungrier Ballyboden outfit, who ran out comfortable ten-point winners.

Durkin lorded it at midfield in the second half for Ballyboden, in a game that really failed to spring to life.

Goal chances were at a premium for both sides; with a 27th-minute opportunity for Ballyboden corner forward Emmet Carroll the only real sight of the net.

Carroll could only look on as his shot was superbly saved by Kilmacud goalkeeper Richie Sweetnam, who deflected the shot out for a 65.

Durkin and Curtin contributed five points each for the eventual winners, and Ballyboden were in full control during the second half.

Three points for Kilmacud from Eoin Fitzgerald were the difference after 16 minutes as his side led by 0-04 to 0-01, and although only trailing by a point at the interval, Crokes took a back seat from the restart.

They had no answer to the brilliance of Durkin, Curtin and David Sweeney, while Paul Ryan was also on target for Ballyboden in the second half.

Neil Casey and Barry O'Rorke notched Crokes' lone second half points, but there was no denying Ballyboden, who will face Birr in the Leinster club quarter-final next Saturday.


Matty Forde scored 11 points as Kilanerin claimed their first Wexford SFC success since 2003, following a three-point win over Gusserane at Wexford Park this afternoon.

5,000 spectators watched an entertaining contest, with Gusserane hoping for a first title win since 1975, and they certainly showed great urgency throughout this game.

Points from Philip Wallace and Seamie Ryan gave a wind-assisted Gusserane an early 0-02 to 0-00 advantage, but a brace of Forde points levelled the game after eight minutes.

Kilanerin broke ahead midway through the half, but a point from Gusserane captain Shane Cullen ensured the sides were level at 0-03 apiece with 13 minutes to go before the interval.

However, Kilanerin were playing some excellent football at this stage, and with Forde on target, his side built up a 0-06 to 0-03 advantage.

A brace of Cullen scores, following well-worked moves involving Adrian Flynn and Wallace, cut the deficit to a point as injury-time approached.

But Gusserane were unable to equalise before the interval, as a sixth point from Forde – his fourth from a free - ensured a 0-7 to 0-5 interval score-line.

With the wind at their backs, Kilanerin tried to up the tempo in the second half, but Cullen continued to be a threat.

Gusserane kept plugging away but the match-winning score for Kilanerin duly arrived eight minutes from the finish.

Jim Hughes fired home the all-important goal to help his side to their seventh Wexford SFC title.

Killanerin will now face Meath champions Navan O'Mahony's in the Leinster club championship.

This game was due to take place in New Ross on Sunday, however it has now been postponed at the request of the new Wexford champions.