St Kiernan's 0-13 Fulham Irish 0-08

St Kiernan's defended their London Senior Football Championship crown as they beat Fulham Irish 0-13 to 0-08 at McGovern Park on Sunday afternoon,

St Kiernan's were the better side throughout the match and they took the game by the scruff of the neck from the word go as they set the pace with their very first attack.

James Moran got the ball rolling for Kiernan's before his teammate Marcus Mangan joined him on the scoresheet. Willie Brazil and Tom Waters would extend The Magpies lead out to four and the men from Barnet were in control.

Cormac Hughes finally got Fulham on the scoreboard but Kiernan's, unbothered by their opponents opening their account, hit back in ruthless style.

They would score five unanswered points thanks to Chris Farley and Kenny O’Connor. A trio of frees were converted by the men in black and white courtesy of Farley and Mangan, who joined in and split the posts twice with his frees.

Matthew Walsh would get a second point of the afternoon for Fulham just before half-time with a free of his own but another Mangan free gave St Kiernans a solid eight-point lead at the break - 0-10 to 0-02.

Knowing that they had to take the game to St Kiernan's in order to stand any chance of getting back in the match, Fulham Irish cut the deficit thanks to a Niall O’Leary free which was followed by another converted Walsh free.

Kevin McCarthy responded with Kiernan's first point of the second-half, but O’Leary would convert two more frees as Fulham threatened a comeback.

Kiernan's soon snuffed it though as an O’Connor free and McCarthy’s second point of the afternoon restored their big lead.

Fulham were running out of time to get back into the game and they needed to find the net if they were to stay in contention.

Just before the three minutes of injury time, Walsh burst through Kiernan's defence but, just as the crowd at McGovern Park expected the net to ripple with his effort, he somehow fired wide with a shot which summed up Fulham’s day.

They battled, adding a Michael Murphy point and another Walsh free, but the major wouldn't arrive.

Fulham Irish would have one final chance to find the net to set up a thrilling finish in injury-time when O’Leary found himself with time and space, but he could only drag his shot wide as St Kiernan's claimed the London SFC for the second year in a row.

St Kiernan's: Dan McDonagh; Geoff Kingston, Caoimhin Carty, Keith Curran, Dave Carrabine, Eoin Walsh (Captain), Dave Rogers, James Moran (0-01), Oran Kerr, Willie Brazil (0-01), Chris Farley (0-01, 0-01F), Tom Waters (0-01), Kevin McCarthy (0-02), Kenny O'Connor (0-01, 0-01F), Marcus Mangan (0-01, 0-03F)

Subs: Mark Mulholland for Willie Brazil, Joe Rock for Kenny O’Connor, Sean Tucker for James Moran, Chris Griffin for Kevin McCarthy, Matthew Tierney for Dave Rogers

Fulham Irish: Andrew Walsh; Ruairi Duffy, Michael Clarke, Paddy Naughton, Ronan Sloan, Hurl Dockry, Daire Rooney, Cormac Hughes (0-01), Jack Goulding, Niall O’Leary (0-03F), Chris Duggan, Matthew Walsh (Captain) (0-02F, 0-01M), Martin Hughes, Michael Murphy (0-01), Fiontan Eastwood

Subs: David O’Connor for Hurl Dockry, Ruaidhri O’Connor for Ruairi Duffy, Conal Gallagher for Daire Rooney,

Referee: Colm Lynott (London, St Clarets)