Dublin will face either Kerry or Mayo in this year's All-Ireland SFC semi-finals following a 10-point win over Cork at Croke Park on Saturday evening.

A terrific second-half performance in which Dublin outscored their opponents 0-11 to 0-03 meant that Dessie Farrell’s side ran out convincing winners. Cork could have little complaint with the outcome despite a gutsy showing.

Dean Rock starred for the winners who look in good shape ahead of their upcoming All-Ireland last-four encounter.

Dessie Farrell made three changes to his starting line-up with James McCarthy, Lorcan O’Dell and Con O’Callaghan making way for Jonny Cooper, Niall Scully and Paddy Small. Paul Ring replaced Daniel Dineen in Cork’s starting 15.

A lively opening period, despite some poor wides, saw Dublin build a 0-06 to 0-04 lead after 20 minutes.

Cormac Costello, Lee Gannon, Dean Rock (free), Ciaran Kilkenny, Sean Bugler and Paddy Small represented six different scorers for an impressive Dublin.

Cork were well in the game thanks to their full-forward line. Cathail O’Mahony, Steven Sherlock and a brace of Brian Hurley efforts represented the Rebels’ early scorers.

Bugler was yellow carded for a high challenge as Dessie Farrell’s side began to dominate the middle third. A pair of Rock frees extended the home side’s advantage to four points after 25 minutes.

Cork goalkeeper Michéal Aodh Martin fields a high ball

The closing stages of an entertaining half saw Cork keep pace with their opponents thanks to a Sherlock free and mark plus a superb Eoghan McSweeney effort.

It was 0-10 to 0-07 at the break following Tom Lahiff and Ciaran Kilkenny points. Jonny Cooper picked up Dublin’s second yellow card on the stroke of half-time.

The second period belonged to Dublin who prevented Cork from scoring until the 55th minute. By then Dean Rock’s accuracy from frees coupled with additional Brian Fenton, Lee Gannon, Aaron Byrne and Ciaran Kilkenny efforts saw the Dubs easily see out the remaining quarter.

There are tougher tests ahead but Dublin passed their latest examination with flying colours.

Dublin: Evan Comerford; Eoin Murchan, Michael Fitzsimons, Lee Gannon (0-02); John Small, Jonny Cooper, Seán Bulger (0-01); Brian Fenton (0-02), Tom Lahiff (0-01); Niall Scully, Brian Howard, Ciarán Kilkenny (0-03); Cormac Costello (0-01), Dean Rock (0-09, 0-09fs), Paddy Small (0-01).

Subs: Lorcan O'Dell for Bugler (52), Cian Murphy for Cooper (55), Aaron Byrne (0-01) for Small (60), Eoghan O’Connell for Murchan (67), David Byrne for Small (69).

Cork: Míchéal Aodh Martin; Seán Powter, Maurice Shanley, Kevin O’Donovan; John Cooper, Rory Maguire, Mattie Taylor; Ian Maguire, Colm O’Callaghan; Paul Ring, Eoghan McSweeney (0-01), John O’Rourke (0-01); Stephen Sherlock (0-03, 0-02 frees), Brian Hurley (0-02), Cathail O’Mahony (0-03, 0-01 f, 0-01 mark).

Subs: S Meehan for Ring (48), D Dineen for McSweeney (48), B Hayes for Sherlock (54, inj), C Kiely for Cooper (55), B Murphy for O’Callaghan (69).

Referee: Sean Hurson (Tyrone).