Galway will meet Dublin next weekend in the All-Ireland U20 final after seeing off Kerry in an entertaining semi-final at LIT Gaelic Grounds.

Kerry led by 1-07 to 1-05 at the break after a good opening half where Galway got a great boost when wing-back Cian Monahan found the net after seven minutes.

But Kerry finished the half strongly and Ruaidhri O Beaglaoich got a good goal after a delivery from Sean Keane was knocked into his path by Eddie Horan to lead by two at the interval.

Galway, with Matthew Tierney kicking some excellent points from placed balls, dominated the second half and pulled away to set up a final meeting with Dublin.

Both sides were heavily impacted by Covid-19 and were without several players, but they still produced a quality performance.

Eddie Horan, one of Kerry's late changes, made an instant mark with two excellent points early in the game but then a move started by a delivery from Ryan Monahan ended with his twin brother Cian shooting to the net after seven minutes after he ventured upfield.

Galway should have got a second goal at the end of the opening quarter but Kerry's Lithuanian-born goalkeeper Deividas Uosis, who is due to join Brisbane Lions in Australia, produced a point-blank save to deny Matthew Cooley.

Uosis, another one of the late changes, slotted a 45 just before the break for the first of three points from the talented goalkeeper.

Horan added a third point and full-forward Paul Walsh kicked two good scores from the right but he had to go off at the interval with a hamstring injury.

Kerry’s lead at the break came when a delivery from Sean Keane was knocked down by Horan and Ruaidhri O Beaglaoich blasted into the left corner after 27 minutes.

Cian Hernon, one of the players drafted by Galway manager Donal Ó Fatharta, was superb in the middle of the field for Galway.

The pressure led to plenty of frees and Tierney landed four placed balls in the third quarter to edge in front.

Goalkeeper Uosis levelled for the sixth time 13 minutes from the end but Galway outscored them by 0-06 to 0-01 after that in a strong finish.

Wing-back Monahan again went forward and this shot a point to edge them back in front after 50 minutes and they never surrendered that lead.

Kerry, who had lost Sean Keane to a black card before the break, finished with 14 men when wing-back Luka Brosnan picked up a black card after 54 minutes.

That left them with a mountain to climb and Galway didn’t let them get a look in.

Two points from Cooley and one from Hernon set Galway on their way and they finished strongly with Nathan Grainger and Patrick Kelly shooting points in the closing stages to seal a deserved win.

Galway: Conor Flaherty; Jonathan McGrath, Seán Fitzgerald, Jack Glynn; Cian Monahan (1-01), Tony Gill, Jack Kirranne; Conor Raftery, Cian Hernon (0-01); Alan Greene, Matthew Tierney (0-06, 0-05f, 0-01m), Ryan Monahan; Patrick Kelly (0-01, 0-01f), Oisín Gormley (0-01), Matthew Cooley (0-04, 0-03f).

Subs used: Eoin Mannion for Gormley (45mins), Jason Reilly for Greene (54mins), Nathan Grainger (0-01) for Tierney (58mins), Macdara Geraghty for Cooley (62mins).

Kerry: Deividas Uosis (0-03, 0-02f, 0-01’45); Owen Fitzgerald, Alan Dineen, James McCarthy; Luke Brosnan, Dylan Casey, Seán O’Brien; Seán O’Connell, Michael O’Gara; Seán Keane (0-01), Eddie Horan (0-03), Killian Falvey; Paul Walsh (0-02), Seán Horan, Ruaidhri Ó Beaglaoich (1-00).

Subs used: Dylan Geaney (0-01) for Walsh (ht), Jack Kennelly for Casey (35mins), Conor Hayes for Keane (49mins), David Mangan for Falvey (54mins), Darragh Lynch for S Horan (57mins).

Referee: B Tiernan (Dublin).