Mark Collins and Brian Hurley did the damage as Cork booked their place in the Super 8s thanks to a 14-point win over Laois in Semple Stadium. 

For the second year running, Laois have exited the championship at Round 4 of the Qualifiers as Cork advanced to the Super 8s where they will face Dublin, Roscommon and Tyrone.

Cork will face Dublin in Croke Park next Saturday evening, Tyrone the following week in Croke Park, before finishing at home to Roscommon on the first weekend in August.

Collins and Hurley scored 3-12 between them with Laois fans glad to see full forward Hurley, who kicked 2-04 of that, withdrawn after 52 minutes.

All of Cork's goals came in the second half as they blasted away from Laois in a third quarter that saw the Rebels rattle the net on three occasions.

Laois almost made the perfect start when a minute into the game, Donie Kingston rounded Kevin Flahive and charged forward only to see his low shot whistle past the post.

This was a sign of the open nature that this game was going to be played in but despite both sides creating goal chances in the remainder of the first half, neither would rattle the net.

Laois battled very well for the majority of the half but it was in the final five minutes of it that Cork got away from them.

Laois really struggled on their own kick-out in the opening half. Cork pushed right up on them and did not allow keeper Graham Brody to go short.

When he went long, Cork punched everything and won the breaks. When he tried to kick the ball to the wings, Cork won them there too - so securing primary possession was a real issue.

But when Laois did have it, they looked dangerous with Donie Kingston, Eoin Lowry and Colm Murphy doing the first half scoring.

Cork were equally dangerous down the other end and although they trailed 0-4 to 0-3 after 18 minutes, they really got on top after that.

John O'Loughlin on the surge for Laois

Mark Collins was their main scoring threat as he supplied half of their first half tally with a mix of frees and points from play.

Donie Kingston made it 0-8 to 0-7 after 30 minutes but Cork finished the half very strongly with Brian Hurley, Ruairi Deane, Ronan O'Toole and Mark Collins all raising white flags to leave them 0-12 to 0-7 ahead.

Laois introduced Colm Begley at half time but it was Cork sub Paul Kerrigan who made an instant impact 30 seconds after coming on.

He blasted down the wing and centred a high ball to Mark Collins who flicked it back in to Brian Hurley and he volleyed into the net.

Laois were shell-shocked and Cork added two more points via Hurley and wing back Liam O'Donovan to go 1-14 to 0-7 ahead after 41 minutes - but worse was to come.

Hurley was on fire now and he rounded Denis Booth once again a minute later before blasting the ball to the net.

Mark Collins added a free before Donie Kingston opened Laois's second half account after 45 minutes and then they really should have had a goal.

Teenager Mark Barry stole a ball in the Cork defence with his first touch after coming on and fed another sub Evan O'Carroll but he dragged his left-footed shot wide.

Trevor Collins and Barry did point for Laois but Cork had the ball in the net for a third time in 15 minutes when Hurley turned provider for Mark Collins to beat Brody.

To be fair to Laois, they kept going and Evan O'Carroll combined with Donie Kingston to set up Marty Scully who drove the ball to the net from close range to leave it 3-17 to 1-10 with 55 minutes on the clock.

Donie Kingston and Evan O'Carroll kept Laois's side of the scoreboard ticking but Cork made the game safe after 66 minutes when sub Paul Kerrigan scored their fourth goal.

He could have had a second goal in injury time but Brody denied him as Cork ran out 14 point winners in the end.

Cork: Mark White; Kevin O'Donovan, James Loughrey, Kevin Flahive; Liam O'Donovan 0-01, Thomas Clancy, Mattie Taylor; Ian Maguire, Killian O’Hanlon; Kevin O'Driscoll 0-01, Sean White, Ruairi Deane 0-02; Luke Connolly, Brian Hurley 2-04, Mark Collins 1-08 (0-04f).

Subs: Ronan O'Toole 0-01 for O'Hanlon (15, inj), Paul Kerrigan 1-01 for Connolly (ht), Tomas Clancy for Clancy (43, black card), Aidan Browne for Loughrey (45), Michael Hurley for B Hurley (52), Stephen Cronin for Maguire (61), Stephen Sherlock 0-02 ('45) for Deane (65)

Laois: Graham Brody; Stephen Attride, Denis Booth, Gareth Dillon; Trevor Collins 0-01, Robert Pigott,  Patrick O’Sullivan; John O’Loughlin, Kieran Lillis; Daniel O’Reilly, Paul Kingston, Martin Scully 1-00; Donie Kingston 0-10 (7f), Colm Murphy 0-01, Eoin Lowry 0-01.

Subs: Colm Begley for O'Sullivan (ht), Evan O'Carroll 0-01 for P Kingston (43), Sean Byrne for O'Reilly (45), Mark Barry 0-01 for Murphy (45), David Seale for Booth (55), Sean O'Flyn for Dillon (62)

Referee: Fergal Kelly (Longford)