Mayo claimed a third Connacht Senior Football title in a row with an expected and emphatic 5-11 to 0-10 win over London at McHale Park.

James Horan's charges ruled this contest and pounced for an opportunistic 11th-minute Alan Freeman goal.

A second Mayo major was netted on 23 when Darren Coen finished a sweeping move, but London responded with three Lorcan Mulvey frees to trim the half-time deficit to 2-06 to 0-03.

Substitute Cillian O'Connor struck three goals in the 41st, 48th and a 56th minute penalty as Mayo's greater class told.

Initially Mayo were dominant even though their conversion rate was a worry as inside the first quarter the Green and Red only scored 1-04 despite crafting 14 chances.

At centrefield the O'Shea brothers were gathering plenty of possession feeding a lively attack in which Freeman was outstanding.

Freeman's sixth-minute goal was a clever score and with Kevin McLoughlin also contributing London were under severe duress.

Freeman occupied a crucial role in the creation of the second goal when bursting through to feed Richie Feeney, who slipped Coen clear.

Despite a couple of early misses Coen stayed calm to drill a delightful effort to the back of the London net.

But the Exiles were rugged until the break as Mulvey hit over three frees on the spin to leave seven between the teams at the break.

After the restart O'Connor announced his arrival with a 41st-minute goal following diligent approach work by Aidan O'Shea.

Seven minutes later, Andy Moran turned provider for O'Connor, who pinched another goal for the rampant victors.

O'Connor completed his hat-trick with a 56th-minute penalty following a Cathal Og Greene foul on Tom Cunniffe.

In the closing stages, O'Connor kicked over two further frees as Mayo didn't allow London generate any momentum at all.

London battled until the end, but Mayo had landed the blows that mattered and they will head for the All-Ireland quarter finals as the Connacht standard bearers. London face Cavan in a fourth round qualifier next Saturday.

Mayo: R Hennelly; T Cunniffe, G Cafferkey, C Barrett; L Keegan (0-02), K Higgins, C Boyle; A O'Shea, S O'Shea; K McLoughlin (0-02, 1f), A Dillon, R Feeney (0-01); A Moran (0-01), A Freeman (1-02), D Coen (1-00).

Subs: C O'Connor (3-03, 1-0 pen, 2fs) for Coen (36 mins), M Conroy for Freeman (46 mins), D Vaughan for Feeney (48 mins), E Varley for Moran (55 mins), S McHale for Cafferkey (60 mins).

London: D Traynor; P Butler, S Curran, D McGreevy; S Hannon, S Mulligan, T Gaughan; C Boyle, P Geraghty; G Crowley, D Dunleavy (0-01), C McCallion; E O'Neill, L Mulvey (0-07, 6fs), C Magee.

Subs: C Greene for Gaughan (25 mins), C Daly for Doyle (29 mins), S Kelly (0-01, f) for O'Neill (46 mins), B Mitchell for McCallion (56 mins), P McGoldrick (0-01) for Dunleavy (66 mins).

Referee: C Lane (Cork).