Jim Gavin’s Dublin continued their solid start to 2013, shooting 3-16 against a spirited DCU at Parnell Park.

While the Leinster champions raced into a five-point lead by the 17th minute, DCU could have levelled the game had Dean Rock converted a penalty in the 23rd minute.

His point from the spot reduced Dublin's lead to 0-06 to 0-04.

Denis Bastick and Longford star Michael Quinn both scored goals before the break to leave the tie finely poised, 1-07 to 1-05.

But Dublin pulled away in the second half as DCU corner-back William Lowry was dismissed.

Diarmuid Connolly netted from a penalty and Kevin McManamon stroked home in the 70th minute to give Dublin a 3-16 to 1-11 win.

Elsewhere, Offaly built on Sunday’s win over Laois with a strong second-half performance against Athlone IT that produced goals from Peter Cunningham, Brian Connor and Eoin Carroll.

The Faithful had led by 0-06 to 0-05 at half-time in a game where the lead changed hands regularly. 

The students were giving as good as they got until two goals in three minutes midway through the second period from Cunningham and Connor gave Emmet McDonnell’s men a lead that they stretched to 3-11 to 1-09 by the final whistle. 

Captain Niall McNamee got 0-06 of the Offaly total. 

In Portlaoise, Padraig Clancy top-scored for hosts Laois as they saw off Westmeath, 2-12 to 0-12.

The Timahoe man recorded 2-03 as the O’Moore Couty bounced back from Sunday's loss to Offaly.

In a foggy Athy, Kildare proved too good for DIT.

Mikey Conway, Tomás O’Connor and Cathal McNally were all on target to give the Lilywhites a four-point lead at the break, 0-09 to 0-05.

Kildare’s Gary White was sent off for two bookings but it mattered not as Kieran McGeeney’s men ran out 0-12 to 0-08 winners.

Meanwhile, Anthony Rainbow's Carlow took a well-deserved victory from their trip to Wicklow

The visitors had a one-point lead at the break (0-07 to 0-06) but  had the better of the second-half exchanges to run out 0-12 to 0-09 winners. 

Longford saw off visitors UCD by a one-goal margin as well, 1-14 to 0-14, while Carlow IT edged Wexford 0-12 to 0-10 in Bunclody. 

Meath's match with Louth was postponed due to fog and will take place tomorrow evening at 7.30pm.