Bank of Ireland Leinster senior football championship favourites Dublin eased past Longford on a 2-23 to 0-10 scoreline to set up a rumble with the Royal County on June 5.

The Dubs crushed Longford with 19 points to spare to ensure a first meeting with bitter rivals Meath since 2002.

Incidentally, that's when Dublin won the last of their 44 Leinster crowns and if this is a barometer of their credentials they'll go far again.

It was a perfect start to championship management for boss Paul Caffrey whose players put on a master class in finishing.

In front of 39, 852 fans and a packed out Hill 16 the Dubs displayed a ruthless streak in front of goal. Each of the forward sextet was on the mark, from open play, with former hurling AllStar nominee Conal Keaney notching 1-4 in all.

Caffrey could even afford to bring on the likes of David O'Callaghan, Declan O'Mahony and Mark Vaughan for vital championship experience.

Against Meath it'll be a different kettle of fish and the big win will play right into the Royals hands - but Dublin could do no more.

Longford were a shadow of the side that almost achieved promotion from Div 2A with Padraic Davis, 0-7, their sole outlet up front.

Even at that six of his points came from frees and Luke Dempsey's men only managed 0-4 from play in the whole game.

It was one of those days and though they shared parity at 0-1, 0-2 and 0-3 apiece early on Dublin quickly moved away.

Dublin's 21st minute goal from Keaney put them 1-5 to 0-3 ahead and well in the clear, Collie Moran laying off for Keaney to drill home low. Two points from Bryan Cullen and another from Moran himself put Dublin 1-8 to 0-5 at the break.

Longford needed a miracle but all they got was a giant kick in the teeth as Dublin's forwards went to town after the restart. 

Where to start? Keaney was certainly their inspirational forward with three points in a row to push them further ahead. Free-taker Mossie Quinn punched over four dead balls on the day too to ease their worries from placed kicks. The last of his points came after 47 minutes to put Dublin 1-14 to 0-7 ahead and it was a case of how much they could score now.

The Hill cheered each pass as the Blues turned on the style with Longford only registering the odd point at the Canal End.

Jason Sherlock, Keaney, Brogan and even wing-back Coman Goggins notched more points before Dublin's second goal four minutes from time.

Brogan hit the net this time, outwitting Enda Ledwith under the dropping ball before racing in from the right and driving home.

That put Dublin 2-20 to 0-10 ahead but there was still time for points from O'Callaghan, Vaughan and Shane Ryan.

Dublin: S Cluxton; P Griffin, P Christie, S O'Shaughnessy; P Casey, B Cahill, C Goggins (0-1); C Whelan (0-1), S Ryan (0-2); C Moran (0-1), A Brogan (1-3), B Cullen (0-2); J Sherlock (0-1), C Keaney (1-4), T Quinn (0-5; 3f, 1 s/l).

Subs: M Vaughan (0-2; 1f) for Moran 50, D O'Mahony for Whelan 59, D O'Callaghan (0-1) for Quinn 59, D Homan for Keaney 64, S Connell for Brogan 68.

Longford: D Sheridan; D Brady, C Conefry, E Ledwith; A O'Connor, D Glennon, D Reilly; P O'Hara, B McElvaney; J Martin (0-1), P Barden, P Dowd; B Kavanagh (0-1), N Sheridan (0-1), P Davis (0-7; 6f).

Subs: M O'Connor for McElvaney 41, T Glendenning for O'Hara 58, M Lennon for Martin & D Corcoran for Lynch 59.

Referee: Paddy Russell (Tipperary).