Due to the ongoing threat of the coronavirus, this year's Kerry Group Rás Mumhan will not proceed as scheduled over the Easter weekend.

Prompted by an abundance of caution to prevent the further spread of the coronavirus the decision to cancel was the vent from 10-13 April.

The race organisers will consult with Cycling Ireland to examine the possibility of hosting the race at a later stage during the 2020 season.

A statement from the organisers read: "The decision was not taken lightly, but, due to uncertainty surrounding the length of time that the current sanitary guidelines in relation to COVID-19 will be in operation it was deemed necessary to bring certainty to our affairs. If the current guidelines are rolled over for a further two weeks it is possible that the race may not have adequate medical cover available and might not have a suitable level of Garda assistance to proceed.

"In such a scenario the race would have to be called off at short notice. This would be a situation that is unsatisfactory for everyone.

"The race organisers are cognisant of the fact that stage racing is an expensive proposition for teams and riders. The race organisers hope that by giving this early notice that teams and riders will be able to cancel any already booked travel and accommodation without penalty. A full refund of race entry fees will be made."