Michael Conlan says he's in form of his life ahead of his Belfast bout with Diego Alberto Ruiz on Saturday night.

The Olympic Games bronze medallist and former amateur world champion takes on the Argentinian for the WBO and WBA Inter-Continental titles at Féile an Phobail on the Falls Road.

A sell-out 11,000 crowd is expected for Conlan's homecoming fight, and the 27-year-old is ready to take another positive step in his journey through the paid ranks.

"I'm really happy and I'm really confident, and I can feel it even in how I'm speaking again, how my mindset is again," he said.

"Before I turned pro I had that kind of bulletproof mindset and I feel that's come back. That's all down to the work I've been doing.

"I've been training really really hard. I'm working on my weaknesses and trying to improve every part of my game, as I always do, but this time it's with a different intensity.

"I'm really happy with the progression the last six months. I believe right now I can beat any world champion."

Conlan was supposed to square up to Vladimir Nikitin for a rematch of their infamous clash at the Rio Olympics, where the Irishman was controversially defeated, but the Russian pulled out with a torn bicep.

Trainer Adam Booth insisted Conlan will be facing his toughest test yet and backed his man to flourish on what will be an emotionally charged evening.

"I want to see the progression and want to see what Michael does in the gym when he's out in the spotlight," said Booth.

"It’s all about the evolution of him as a fighter, and this is an event to match it.

"He’s fighting a guy who is better than anyone he’s boxed so far in his career. This is a special event, and my job is to ensure he does his job and that he performs how he’s supposed to perform."