Tyson Fury faces a frustrating wait to discover when he can fight Dereck Chisora in a final eliminator for the WBO world title after his opponent was forced out of their Manchester showdown.
After Chisora fractured his hand during a sparring session ahead of Saturday night's scheduled bout at the Phones 4u Arena, the fight's promoters announced they were looking for a new date.
Chisora's European heavyweight title and the vacant British belt were both at stake, but most galling for the fighters is the fact they have to wait longer to face off for a shot at the WBO crown, currently held by Wladimir Klitschko.
Revenge was also on the agenda for Londoner Chisora, who lost to Fury on a unanimous points decision three years ago, while the Manchester boxer was eager for major action having twice seen David Haye pull out of fights with him last year.
Fury tweeted: "Told you all what would happen find me a real man to fight."
In a statement from promoters, Chisora said: "I can't tell you how disappointed I am to have to pull out of the fight against Fury, but it is on the advice of my specialist that I have to do this.
"I'm sorry for the fans who will get to miss this great fight between me and Tyson this Saturday, but once my hand is healed and I'm given the all-clear to train and punch again, I'll be working on the new date for the fight."
The show will still go ahead in Manchester with Billy Joe Saunders now in the main event as he challenges Emanuele Blandamura for the vacant European middleweight title.
Fury, meanwhile, was in an unrepentant mood on Monday night as he dismissed a British Boxing Board of Control misconduct hearing called as a result of his antics a week ago at a press conference to promote the now-cancelled rematch against Chisora.
The undefeated fighter, who launched a string of expletives at both his opponent and one of the journalists in attendance at the media event in London, declared he has no intention of showing up for his 13 August hearing and that he will turn to the Boxing Union of Ireland if his licence is suspended.
The 25-year-old said: "I don't regret it - I mean everything I say."
"I won't change my ways.
"If they want to ban me and keep being fools, I will just go and get a BUI licence and box out of Ireland.
"I am sick of them picking on me all the time. It's crazy."
He added: "I am on holiday on the date of the meeting so I won't be attending and, even if I were in the country, I would not be attending because I am not interested."
Referring to Saturday's cancelled fight, Fury wrote on Twitter: "Told you all what would happen find me a real man to fight the furious1. P***** p***** p*****.
"If any1 feels like a fight I'm in Bolton town centre& I feel like a rumble. See what the BBOC make of this."