Seaweed soup (mi-yeok-guk)
- 15g of dried seaweed (Mi yeok)
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1Tbsp sesame oil
- 2Tbsp soy sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1tsp minced garlic
- 5cups of water
1. Soak the dried seaweed in the cold water until it gets soft.
2. Stir fry seaweed with sesame oil and minced garlic (if you want to add some beef or any kinds of meat, you can put them together.)
3. Place the seaweed in the pot and pour water, then boil it with low heat. The more you boil, you will get the deeper flavor. Normally 1hour.
4. Use salt and pepper, soy sauce for finishing.
Kimchi fried rice (Kimchi bokkum bap)
- 1 Cup of rice
- 1 pack of JARU original Kimchi 180g
- 1 Tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 spring onion chopped
- 1 sheet of Gim shredded
- 1 Tbsp of sesame seeds
- 2 fried eggs
1. Cook rice
2. Heat the pan, stir fry Kimchi with a tablespoon of sesame oil for 1min. and add your vegetables together (normally onion, carrots, courgette goes well)
3. Put rice on the pan, mix & fry it well together.
4. sprinkle with chopped spring onion, Gim, sesame seeds. And fried egg on top.
Sweet potato noodles with vegetables (Japchae)
- 100g of dried sweet potato noodle
- 200g of spinach (blanched in salted water and drained)
- 3 Tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 medium size onion thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, seeds removed, and cut into sticks
- 25ml of Sesame oil
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 100ml of soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp of sugar
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 Tbsp of sesame seeds.
1. Heat the pan on medium-high heat, add some vegetable oil and sauté the onion for 3mins with a pinch of salt.
2. Add bell peppers and a pinch of salt and cook for about 3mins, stirring until all the vegetables are cooked through and tender. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Boil 3 cups of water for the sweet potato noodle and cook it for 3mins, drain the water when ready.
4. Heat the pan, combine vegetable oil, garlic, soy sauce and sugar, vegetables and noodle. Mix it well and cook until everything is hot. You may need to add water a little bit.
5. Remove from the heat add sesame oil and black pepper.
Kimchi stew (Kimchi Jjigae)
Ingredients 2people (eat with rice)
- 2 packs of JARU original Kimchi 180g
- 200g of pork belly or neck cut into bite size
- 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1/2 Tbsp doenjang (Korean bean paste)
- 1/2 Tbsp gochujang (Korean chilli paste)
- 1 teaspoons gochugaru (Korean chilli powder)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 Cups of water
- 50g of onion
- 1 spring onion chopped for garnish
1. Heat the pan and stir frying pork with vegetable oil for 3mins
2. In a saucepan combine Kimchi, Pork, doenjang, gochujang, gochugaru, sugar and onion. Place over high heat and cook for 5mins, stirring occasionally.
3. Once you smell the roasted Kimchi aroma, add water and bring to a boil.
4. Lower the heat and simmer for 20mins.
5. Garnish with spring onion
Spicy rice cake (Tteok Bo kki)
- 400g of rice cake
- 4 cups of water
- 1 sheet(15X20cm) of Dried Kelp
- 1/3 cup of Gochujang (Korean chilli paste)
- 1Tbsp of Gochugaru (chilli powder)
- 1Tbsp of sugar
- 2spring onion cut 5cm long
- 2sheet of Fish cake(optional)
1. Add the water and dried kelp in the pot, then boil for 15mins under medium heat until it is reduced to roughly 3cups.
2. Combine gochujang, gochugaru, and sugar in a small bowl. Remove the kelp from the pot and add the rice cake, the mixture, the green onion, and the optional fish cakes.
3. Boil it about 10mins, make sure to stir it occasionally so that it doesn't stick on the bottom of the pan.
4. Boil until the rice cake is soft enough.
5. Remove from the heat and dig in!