Fast food chain McDonald's is to begin reopening some of its restaurants to walk-in takeaway again this week.
The company decided on a voluntary basis to temporarily close its walk-in takeaway service last month as a result of rising Covid-19 case numbers.
However, it continued to offer drive-through and third-party delivery services.
The business said at the time that it would take a period to review its safety measures before deciding to reopen to walk-in takeaway clients again.
In a statement this evening, the firm said it had worked closely with a third-party safety expert advisory business and identified a small number of changes to further enhance its procedures which it was currently rolling out to restaurants.
"This week, a small number of our restaurants will trial reopening walk-in takeaway with these enhancements in place, with the plan to reopen the majority of restaurants for walk-in Takeaway across Ireland from Monday 22nd February," it said.
Government restrictions continue to forbid in-premises consumption of food or drink, due to the high levels of Covid-19 infections in the community.
However, takeaway services either via walk-in order and collection, or delivery are allowed.
McDonald’s said the new safety measures being introduced include visors as well as face coverings for customer facing employees.
There will also be revised guidance and processes for and enhanced processes for managing customer and courier flow in restaurants.
"The wellbeing of our people, as well as our suppliers, couriers and our customers remains our top priority, and we are confident the new processes in place will further enhance our already robust safety measures," it said.