Not too long ago, Hollywood stars were completely off limits to the public. They were glamorous strangers to be admired from afar. These days, thanks to the miracle of social media, we can follow a celeb's every Tweet and like watch their daily Instagram stories. What's more, when it comes to awards season, we can follow their glam squad.
Styled by Elizabeth Saltzman, Saoirse Ronan wore a custom Gucci antique platinum gown to the 2019 Golden Globe Awards in California last night and while the actress herself is off social media, her beauty team are more than generous enough with their online presence to make up for it.
Makeup artist Kara Yoshimoto Bua glammed the Carlow woman up on the night and she gave a step-by-step guide to the look on her Instagram profile.
She wrote: "Inspired by the simplicity of the Gucci gown with it’s sheer beaded veil of crystalline silvery stones, and all the skin, I started by featuring her complexion by moisturizing and blending out the foundation creating a satin like porcelain finish.
"I glammed up Saoirse’s look by dressing up her eyes with silver shimmery smoke and with bright fire red lips as an accessory to compliment her blue eyes and all the silvery tones."
You can get the full list of products for Saoirse's look below, courtesy of Kara's Insta. Be warned though, if you want to recreate the look it will cost you a pretty penny as the MUA only used Chanel.
- Chanel Sublimage La Creme Yeux and Rose water, spray in hands with a small dollop of cream and blend in hands then blend onto face from around eyes outwards doing a gentle lymph massage to open and refresh the face.
- Chanel Ultra Tenue BD01 Foundation, all over the face and blended under the jawline and neck.
- Chanel Natural Finish Pressed Powder in Clair, to set the foundation.
- Chanel Les Beiges No 40, for a "barely there" touch of definition to lightly contour.
- Chanel Boy de Chanel Lip Balm for matte moisture.
- Precision Lip Definer in Natural, for soft edged lip.
- Chanel Rouge Allure Liquid Powder in 954 - RADICAL as a fresh matte lip applied from the inside out towards the edge of the lip.
- Chanel Long Lasting Eyeliner in Mat Taupe, lining along the entire upper lash line, slightly extending out the almond shape of her eyes and blending the edges.
- Chanel Multi-Effect Quadra Eyeshadow in 308 CLAIR-OBSCUR contouring with Illumine Highlight in the crease in towards the bridge of the nose.
- Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara in 20, for more of a tinted deep brown (not heavy) lash look on top lashes.
- Finishing with Clair Light ( a shimmery copper shadow) on top and bottom lash lines to set the liner and softly bring out her almond eyes, extending out and up slightly past the lash line.
- To give her eyes a sparkle used my ring finger to apply a silvery highlight with Chanel Illusion d’Ombre in Fantasme.
- Defining Long wear eyebrow pencil 806 blonde tendre, I used a lighter tone to create more definition for her naturally full brows.
Saoirse completed the look with "chic and sleek" hair styled by New York-based hairstylist Ben Skervin and a jaw-dropping pair of earrings from Chopard.