RTÉ's children's news programme news2day wants you to tell them about your experience of the pandemic.
Answer the question:
"If the last year was a journey, how would you sum up all you have experienced?"
Think of your answer and then record a video of your thoughts in around 40 seconds. You can sum up the last 16 months of living in a pandemic, or what school has been like in the last year.
Whatever you want to talk about, we want to hear your thoughts!
*PLEASE REMEMBER TO RECORD YOUR VIDEO IN LANDSCAPE - Thank you.*
From homeschooling, to social distancing to lockdown, think of how you would sum up this year when you’re telling your grandchildren or next generation about it.
You can record your message at home or get your family, friends or classmates involved.
Here are some tips for recording video on your phone for news2day.
- Get someone to help: Let a parent/teacher hold the phone and record while you say your piece, or position it on a table/shelf, just make sure to keep it steady.
- Turn the phone on its side, make sure you are recording a horizontal video, or landscape video (This is ESSENTIAL).
- We want a head and shoulders video so we can see the child's face clearly and hear them well, if you're recording outside beware of the wind, stand as close as you can to the camera.
- Make sure your camera lens is clean, give it a quick wipe with a dry cloth.
- Make sure you are in a quiet space - no radio in the background or noisy people chatting.
- Have something nice in the background, like the rest of your class, your desk, some art, a nice bush, the playground - whatever, but no blank walls please!
- Speak with a loud and clear voice.
- We can edit it so don't worry if you are counting down at the beginning or end of the video.
Lights, camera, action!
Fill out the form below, and tick the box if you have parent/guardian permission to have your video broadcast on news2day on RTÉ 2.
We look forward to seeing all your smiling faces.