Today with Múinteoir Clíona, we learned some great dances to some very famous songs!
Choreographer Challenge Pick your favourite song and choreograph (make up) a dance for it. Tip: The chorus is usually the easiest part of the song to make up a dance for.
- Practice it lots of times until you are comfortable with it.
- Once you are comfortable with it, try to add some emotion or expression to your moves - think: is this a sad or uplifting song? How can I convey this feeling?
- If someone else is with you, teach them the dance!
- Pick one of your dance moves and give it a name! For instance, some famous dance moves include: The Mashed Potato, The Worm, The Moonwalk, The Robot, and of course, the Floss! This is now your signature move!
- Next time you chat with your friends, show them your signature move - maybe it'll catch on and become the next dance craze
Download and share the activity sheet here so everyone can try their moves!
These are all very famous types of dances. Can you identify each of them?
Pick your favourite dance style and colour in the dancer.
1. What is the name of this type of dancing?
2. What is the name of this type of dancing?
3. What is the name of this type of dancing?
Don't forget to keep sending in any of your moves to the Home School Hub here!