Meet the Explorers Team from the Marine Institutes' Explorers Education Programme. Located all around Ireland, the team loves to help people learn about the ocean.
Check out some of their favourite facts and activities, from sea hares on the seashore to submarines in the deep ocean. Just click on the facts below and let the ocean learning begin.
1. The Earth has one big ocean with many features
2. The ocean is a major influence on our weather and climate
3. The ocean supports a great diversity of life and ecosystems – Tides and the Seashore
4. The ocean supports a great diversity of life and ecosystems – At the Seashore
5. The ocean is largely unexplored
6. The ocean and humans are inextricable interconnected
7. The ocean and life in the ocean shape the features of the earth