In today's lesson John taught us about writing a procedure. Every day procedures help us to achieve goals by following a step by step guide on how to do something e.g recipes, directions, experiments, board games and much more.
Let’s work on doing our own procedural writing.
Checklist of what to include:
- A goal as the title - What you are going to show how to do e.g. How to boil and egg
- Materials / ingredients and equipment that are needed.
- Numbered, clearly written step by step instructions. Use words like – First, then, next, finally.
- Conclusion – A short statement that can include tips or advice.
- Optional – Illustrations / photos
Here is John's recipe for a cup of tea. He has included everything on the checklist
Now it's your turn! In the template below write out the steps for making your favourite food
What vegetables do sailors hate most?
Lettuce in and you’ll find out!
What’s a vampire’s favourite fruit?
- A neck – tarine
Why did the banana go to the doctor?
- It wasn’t peeling well
Why didn’t the teddy bear eat his dinner?
- Because he was stuffed
What’s orange and sounds like a parrot?
- A carrot!
What do dogs eat at the cinema?
- Pup corn
What’s a frog’s favourite drink?
- Croak –a – cola
Send us pictures or videos of what you have done. Ask your parents to help you send them to rte.ie/learn