Before performing, actors should always warm up their voices. Here are a few tricky tongue twisters to get you using all your facial muscles. Stand up and say them good and loud as if you were on a stage. Say each one at least 5 times in a row.
Send us pictures or videos of what you have done.Ask your parents to help you send them to rte.ie/learn
Múinteoir Ray's Simple Drama Exercises
You need two people to play this. Stand opposite each other, one of you is looking in the mirror and the other is the reflection. The reflection must copy everything the other person does, including facial expressions. Swap over roles after a while. After you have mastered it with one person leading and one reflecting you can then both try slowly mirroring each other at the same time with no one as the leader.
Paint the Box
You can do this one on your own, but it is useful to have someone to read out the instructions to you.
- Sit on the floor.
- Imagine you are inside a small box; you can move your arms, but it is not quite big enough to stand up in.? Imagine that you have a paintbrush and beside you is a big tin of paint. Pick up the brush and open the tin of paint. This is magic paint; every time you dip your paint brush in, it can change colour. The paint dries straight away so don't worry about getting messy.
- Paint the inside of your box with the paint, including the ceiling and floor. Use any colours and designs you want.
- When you're finished open a new tin of magic paint. This is magic door paint. If you paint a door on the box it will become a real door.
- When the door is done, open it and step outside the box. Have a big stretch, it was a bit squishy in there.
- Have a look at the outside of your box. It needs a paint too. Get your paint from the box and start painting the outside. Use the magic door paint for windows and doors.
- Now you have your very own little house.
Why did the vampire give up acting?
- Because he couldn't find a part he could sink his teeth into.
Why do we tell actors "break A leg"?
- Because every play has a cast
Did you hear about the actor who fell through the floorboards?
- It was just a stage he was going through
Send us pictures or videos of what you have done. Ask your parents to help you send them to rte.ie/learn