Lá Féile Pádraig Sona Daoibh!! We're nearing the end of Seachtain na Gaeilge and preparing ourselves to go green tomorrow! KidCast is throwing on their Irish dancing shoes, ready to join the party!
Annabelle (11) hosts this special bilingual episode. She attends Gaescoil Chill Dara, which is just as well as Céire’s Irish is a little rusty!
Listen to the show now and subscribe to the podcast here!
The show kicks off celebrating some good Irish news stories from Éabha (11) and Luke (9). Then Annabelle is off to join Michelle (11) from Inis Meáin. They share a love of drama and the violin but are there any differences between island and mainland living?
Game Time on KidCast this week brings us up to the north of Ireland to Reuben (11) in Derry. Reuben is a wonderful tin whistle player and challenges Annabelle and our listeners to guess his song choices with a few notes from each.
Some students from Dramatic Action in Maynooth are bringing some St Patrick’s Day drama to the show this week, with their special bilingual dramatisation of the story.
We hear from some interesting facts about traditional Irish music, instruments and dance from some young musicians from Glenflask Comhaltas and more of our KidCast friends.
Finally, Annabelle catches up with Múinteoir Ray from the Home School Hub to find out about life after teaching children on the TV.
We need your consent to load this rte-player contentWe use rte-player to manage extra content that can set cookies on your device and collect data about your activity. Please review their details and accept them to load the content.Manage Preferences
The School Tour
Is there no end to the talents of Múinteoir O'Cearnaigh’s Rang a Sé at Gaeilscoil na Lochanna?! In this week’s episode we hear their rap, song, interviews with Rang a Dó and a snippet from their rewriting of Irish legend Diarmuid agus Gráinne! But we won’t give away the ending, we’ll leave that to Aodhán!!
Listen to RTÉjr Radio live and get all the podcasts here!
Who made this show
- Hosts: Céire O'Donoghue and Annabelle Maher (11)
- Riddler: Josh Elliot (12)
- News: Éabha Ni Fhatharta (12) and Luke Hynan (9)
- Around The World: Michelle Ní Fheatharta (11)
- Game: Reuben Lees (11)
- Question: Cian O Cléirigh (6)
- Answer: Siún Hallinan (10)
- Feature: Dramatic Action: Kenedí Ní Chonchobhair (11), Sadie Ní Cheallaigh (11), Fionn Carrick (10), Lily May Gallagher (11) & Samuel Roche (11).
- Jokers: Dubheasa Ni Ruairc (6), Caoimhe Ahern (10) Brooke Elliot (7)
- Did You Know: Ryan Lowe (9), Ella Lowe (7), Olivia Angland (11), Sean Angland (11) Ross Hyland (8), Charlotte Maher (8) Séamus Nicholls (6) Ciarán Finnegan (7)
- Guest: Ray Cuddihy