Irish Sign Language Awareness Week runs from 19 - 25 September and RTÉ Young People's Department will have lots of ISL shows for you to enjoy.
The theme of the 2022 International Week of Deaf People and ISL Awareness Week is Building Inclusive Communities for All.
Monday's news2day featured ISL interpreter Heather Murphy and Reem visits Holy Family School for the Deaf in Cabra. Watch the full show below...
We need your consent to load this comcast-player contentWe use comcast-player to manage extra content that can set cookies on your device and collect data about your activity. Please review their details and accept them to load the content.Manage Preferences
On RTÉ Player you just sign in and use the ISL filter to see what is on offer!
And all week on Live TV you can tune in across the week...
- Wild Kids: Monday 19 – Friday 23 September
- The Body Brothers: Saturday 24 & Sunday 25 September
- Storytime: Monday 19 – Friday 23 September
- Makers: Saturday 24 & Sunday 25 September
- Let's Find Out: Monday 19 – Friday 23 September
- Wild Kids: Saturday 17 – Friday 23 September
- The Body Brothers: Saturday 17 – Friday 23 September
- Squad Goals: Saturday 17 – Friday 23 September
- Gamer Mode: Saturday 24 & Sunday 25 September
- Ace My Space: Saturday 24 & Sunday 25 September
- Let's Find Out: Saturday 17 – Friday 23 September
From the Irish Deaf Society
The International Week of Deaf People (IWDP) is an initiative of the World Federation of the Deaf (WFD) and is celebrated annually by global deaf communities each year. This year the week starts on 19 September. In Ireland, the Deaf community takes part by celebrating Irish Sign Language Awareness Week.
During this week of celebrations Deaf communities around the world welcome the involvement of families of Deaf people, professional and accredited sign language interpreters, other stakeholders including national Governments, human rights organisations, and disabled persons organisations.